pink with confetti

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I unmolded and cut my soap tonight. It's for our pink bathroom. I had a ton of white shredded soap that was supposed to be snow in a different batch but it looked too much like shredded mozzarella. When I was pouring the white shreds in the mold, it looked like a ton and I was worried it was way too much -- now it looks like I hardly put anything in!

I also did a hanger swirl which I won't do again -- it didn't really swirl the confetti like I thought and just created texture of the pink.

It's hard to see in the photographs but there is a lighter pink rind all the way around. We'll have to see if it's like other rinds that make their way all their way across.

Smells awesome! Scented with equal parts fir needle & bergamot and a titch of cedarwood essential oils. Pink is rose gold mica and white confetti is TD, with some snowflake sparkle on the top (Bramble Berry).
20211101_205836.jpg
20211101_205216.jpg20211101_205224.jpg20211101_205843.jpg20211101_205901.jpg

Oh, that reminds me of Wirtschaftswunder-era coconut goodies. Good thing I can't smell your soap, since in my head it must smell like coconut – though your EO blend beats every synthetic coconut aroma with ease.

I do see your hanger swirl. But as you said, it is a bit disappointing how unwilling to cooperate your mozzarella crumbs were. Fine white “snow” confetti is trickier than it sounds indeed.

fir needle & bergamot and a titch of cedarwood essential oils
I took the liberty to copycat get inspired by this blend, but with fir cone EO (templin) rather than fir needle (since this is the one I have, and don't have good use for it as-is). Some unexpected watery/ozone vibes, and just a hint of citrus. Awesome choice! While smelling & looking at your photos (not my candies) I now can remotely imagine that it does fit in some way.
Let's just hope it sticks in your soap.

It's for our pink bathroom.
Camouflage … :shakinghead:

I unmolded and cut my soap tonight. It's for our pink bathroom. I had a ton of white shredded soap that was supposed to be snow in a different batch but it looked too much like shredded mozzarella. When I was pouring the white shreds in the mold, it looked like a ton and I was worried it was way too much -- now it looks like I hardly put anything in!

I also did a hanger swirl which I won't do again -- it didn't really swirl the confetti like I thought and just created texture of the pink.

It's hard to see in the photographs but there is a lighter pink rind all the way around. We'll have to see if it's like other rinds that make their way all their way across.

Smells awesome! Scented with equal parts fir needle & bergamot and a titch of cedarwood essential oils. Pink is rose gold mica and white confetti is TD, with some snowflake sparkle on the top (Bramble Berry).View attachment 62250View attachment 62248View attachment 62249View attachment 62251View attachment 62252
Very nice! I need to make some 🎊 confetti soap after Christmas cause I messed up a couple of batches that I will need to chop up and reuse. That's a really nice pink it will look great in your bathroom.

Latest posts

Back