Pink Sugar Failure

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikon

Reaction score
Ok, so I HP my soap, and I read so many reviews on Pink Sugar FO. The description of it sounded like something I would want to make, so I strolled into Sephora and smelled some Pink Sugar Lotion. It smelled just like the description. From what I could gather, many versions of Pink Sugar were great, but the scent works stood out with the best reviews from what I read. I decided to try BCN for it first because I was getting some other FO from them. OOB it smelled great, and I soaped it at .7 oz PPO. It had an extremely weak smell for a few days and it turned into a weird waxy smell. I decided to not give up and I gave the holy grail of Pink Sugar a try from the scent works. OOB it was great, and I soaped it at 0.7 oz PPO. It had a moderate aroma for a week or so and faded it almost nothing. If I put the soap right at my nose and sniff very hard, I can catch a slight wiff of a waxy Pink Sugar smell.....very disappointing considering the cost. Some time went by and I was placing an order from NG for a bunch of samples and I noticed the Pink Sugar. I figured what the hey, Ill order a sample. I decided to soap it at 1 oz PPO. It had a much stronger smell than the other two for a week, and now it has faded into nothing. Smells like unscented. Ive soaped enough to know how to add FO and I certainly didnt exceed the FP. Do I just have bad luck or what?

Hmmm..I never had any fading issues with NGC's & Scent Works' Pink Sugar I use it in CP at 5%, which is less than what you used. The scent stuck in both of them.
I've never HP'd that fo though.

That's odd... I've never HP'd Pink Sugar, but it worked fine in CP. It did fade eventually, but was plenty strong at 2 weeks. I've only used Peak's, haven't really tried any others because I hate the yellow/brown lather. Hope someone can help.

Latest posts

Back