Pink LS!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emi

Reaction score
Both bottles have the same LS! I've made it dozens of times and always just yellow like the right one using various EOs. The only difference between the 2 bottles are their EOs. The yellow one has lemongrass EO and Eucalyptys EO. The pink one has Parsley herb EO, lavender EO, lemongrass EO. Isnt that color crazy?

Attachments

• 20200915_193324.jpg
    20200915_193324.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 13
The pink one has Parsley herb EO, lavender EO, lemongrass EO. Isnt that color crazy?
Thanks.gif

WOW! That color is incredible! If you don't mind sharing, details please. I googled "Parsley herb EO" and found Parsley Seed and Parsley Leaf but no Parsley Herb. So I'm wondering what the Latin name is, what brand it is, and where I might purchase it???

I'm also curious about how long the color will hold. Please keep us updated. Thanks for sharing!

View attachment 49634
WOW! That color is incredible! If you don't mind sharing, details please. I googled "Parsley herb EO" and found Parsley Seed and Parsley Leaf but no Parsley Herb. So I'm wondering what the Latin name is, what brand it is, and where I might purchase it???

I'm also curious about how long the color will hold. Please keep us updated. Thanks for sharing!

It's actually gotten a little deeper in color just in the last couple days. (Pic attached) it's like a neon pink against the white sink! The first pic was the very next day after I mixed in the EOs with equal part PS80 and meadowfoam oil for SF. And suttocide preservative. But all those other things were in the yellow one too. So I'm sure it's the parsley EO.

I kinda went crazy over quarantine and ordered over $200 worth of EO samples from Liberty Naturals. This "parsley herb" was one of them. (Petroselinum Sativum) It was a total chance experiment just getting all kinds of random EOs I'd never heard of. Most fun package to receive! Pic of the bottle and price attached. You can get any amount of any EO from Liberty. They have a super extensive list!

Attachments

• 20200916_234156.jpg
    20200916_234156.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200916_234220.jpg
    20200916_234220.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200916_234407.jpg
    20200916_234407.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200916_234512.jpg
    20200916_234512.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 21
Wow are those expensive! But what a gorgeous color! So how does it smell? How much did you use?

It's sad that the company is in the midst of the firestorms, still in level2 evacuation according to their website.

Wow are those expensive! But what a gorgeous color! So how does it smell? How much did you use?

It's sad that the company is in the midst of the firestorms, still in level2 evacuation according to their website.

Yeah I splurged on those EOs for sure, but what a treat with some of them being such unusual scents I'd never even heard of! It was a company recommended on this forum by a "senior" soaper. It may have been IrishLass. They do get cheaper the more weight you buy. The parsley herb scent is hard to describe. It didnt really smell like parsley though. It was almost medicinal and astringent. I had to temper it with other EOs. I normally do 1% to LS but I had to keep adding other EOs to temper it a bit and ended up at 1.4 % EOs.

These are the amounts I used for 326g of LS.

4.7g (1.4%) total EOs to 326g of LS.

2g (0.6%) ) parsley herb EO
2g (0.6%) lavendar EO
0.7g (0.2%) lemongrass EO

I have no idea if those other EOs needed to be there for the color change. The LS also has meadowfoam oil, suttocide, PS80, tetra EDTA, and SL in addition to the oils, glycerin, water, KOH. It did take overnight for that color to develop. When I was first mixing in the EOs there was no sign of any color change. It wasnt til the next day I saw that color that just stopped me in my tracks! The LS behaves and feels the same to its yellow counterpart, so far as I can tell. The color has deepended to a strong magenta. I cant say if this color will last or not. I'll keep you posted if it changes!

It's really pretty cool that you didn't have to use Red Dye # (whatever) to get the color. It's worth an experiment to see if the color is dependent on an exact duplication or if a minor change would affect the shade.

I should add that the LS recipe itself was from "Carrie's" LS recipe posted by IrishLass with immaculate instructions . I love and have used it exclusively since I discovered it!

Back