Pink Hamalayan Salt on CP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Confused_Penguin

Reaction score
I have a question I hope I can have some help with.

I've made CP soap and sprinkled Pink Hamalayan Salt on the top. Left it for 24 hours, cut the soap (came out fine), but after a few days I feel like my soap is crying. I did not use any embeds so I know it is not glycerin tears...

I noticed that the places where I put the salt-- there was a pool of clear liquid on the tops of my soap. I'm not sure if the sat is melting when it is relatively cool in my room? It came to the point where I had to put a long napkin under the soap so the liquid would not drop into my other soaps on the rack. Can someone tell me what's going on with my soap?

P.S- This only happens when I sprinkle Hamalayan salt on the top-- I never mix it in my oils. I see some soapers add Pink hamalayan salt to their bars without a problem but I don t understand why mine became pools. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm going to assume you live in an area of high humidity. For some reason mineral salts tend to weep in high humidity. I don't know the science behind it only that it happens. I remember a post someone made about their sea salt / bath salts swimming in a pool of water when they bagged them up.

I'm not sure if there is a way to prevent it from happening or not. One thing I did learn is that wrapping them up won't help - it will just contain the liquid around the soap.

yep, it happened to me too. humidity is the no. 1 enemy.

I expected the crying from melt and pour soap due to the glycerin but never expected salt to cry too... D:.

For those who replied, thank you so much. I truly appreciate the swift replies :). Thank you!

Latest posts

Back