PINE NEEDLE SOAP HELP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyprince

Reaction score
Hi,
I am living in a pine heaven area :wink: And I have read very nice articles about pine soap benefits for skin...It is really a great thing.
I wonder if it is possible to make soaps by using only pine needle water?(boiled )Will it have the same benefits and functions for the skin health?
I need advice about that...
Thanks...

The part that is beneficial is the pine tar which is extracted through some method defined in one of the Foxfire Books. I don't think it would be in the needles. You might be able to get some of the scent from the fresh needles, though.

hey try to cut a hole in the tree and put in a spigot (kind of like how they make maple syrup) and you can collect the pine sap/resin...that would be GREAT in soap!

Hey, that could work too. What I saw in the Foxfire book involved a rock and a fire. Its been a while.

Never heard of that book but Ill have to look it up! :) I love reading and learning!

There is a whole series of FoxFire books, kind of like an encyclopedia of pioneer do it yourself stuff. They are crazy to read!

IanT said:
hey try to cut a hole in the tree and put in a spigot (kind of like how they make maple syrup) and you can collect the pine sap/resin...that would be GREAT in soap!
Haven't you ever heard of the advertising slogan, "plant and animal cruelty free" ???

Now you're torturing pine trees just to have your selfish bathing pleasures...

;)

LOL In the foxfire book, they cut down entire trees to collect the tar. There are about 20 in the FoxFire series. There is really interesting info about soapmaking and medicinal herbs and everything in between.

Back