Pimple after using hand Made soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm another one with sensitive facial skin who does not use soap on my face. I either use a commercial low pH cleanser made specifically for sensitive skin (usually either vanicream or elta MD), or nothing at all. I only use a mineral foundation for makeup which is not a problem to remove.

However, the rest of my body does great with hand made soap -- I'll never go back commericial products for that!

this is interesting IL... if you wear make up, what do you use to remove it?

I use just a light touch of foundation and a slight dab of facial powder to dull the shine, which washes off without any difficulty with only warm water and a facial cloth.

IrishLass :)

so it looks that you do not tolerate high ph in soaps, too bad. You may have oily skin or combination skin which is always prone for pimples.
I am old and i will get some after using sunblock, Sometimes it is the only way to be sure, to eliminate the things you put on your skin. I know that i react like that to sunblock but still use it :)
You probably need face wash at most 7 ph , gentle surfacants. Have you try to use oil cleaning?

So the meaning is i can't use my own homemade soap? I am so sad, if i want to still use homemade soap anybody suggest a recipe?

I use salt bars 2-3 times a week on my face. I have mature skin but I've also suffered with mad breakouts most my life. Using the salt soap has helped immensely and my skin looks darn good.

Irishlass, what about using oatmilk for washing the face, oat milk will take care of any irritation, will soothe the skin, and it was used by my grandmother her whole life. I remember her skin smooth and without any discoloration. She passed when I was a girl but pictures of this beautiful woman still show flawless skin

Irishlass, what about using oatmilk for washing the face, oat milk will take care of any irritation, will soothe the skin, and it was used by my grandmother her whole life. I remember her skin smooth and without any discoloration. She passed when I was a girl but pictures of this beautiful woman still show flawless skin
I am another that has only used water on their face 99% of the time. I am also old and get compliments about how great my complication looks. Oatmilk will only work if one is not allergic to it :) When I was younger Aveeno Oat bath sent me to emergency although I could always eat oats. When I would wear makeup I would use my grandma's standby, Ponds, for taking off make-up. If I have an allergic flare on my face I turn to a salt bar because it will help with the itching and salt heals my skin nicely. My oldest daughter that still has breakouts at 43 only uses salt bars on her face

I've never tried oatmilk on my face. Just plain water works so well for me that I've never felt the need to try anything else, but who knows? I may get a bee in my bonnet and just give it a try one of these days as an experiment. :) Did she make the oatmilk by soaking oats in water and then using the strained water from that?

I've never tried oatmilk on my face. Just plain water works so well for me that I've never felt the need to try anything else, but who knows? I may get a bee in my bonnet and just give it a try one of these days as an experiment. :) Did she make the oatmilk by soaking oats in water and then using the strained water from that?

give a try, not only it will make your skin smooth but the pleasure is real to use it as a wash:) Then please report the impression :)

Bit late to the party but heres my two cents worth...

Both myself and my brother experienced breakouts shortly after switching from store bought soap to my soap. My figuring there was that store soaps strip your skin so much and handmade doesn't that it took a couple weeks for the natural oils in our faces to re-adjust so to say. It all evened out within a couple weeks and now all is good. Maybe something similar has happened with your skin.

Bit late to the party but heres my two cents worth...

Both myself and my brother experienced breakouts shortly after switching from store bought soap to my soap. My figuring there was that store soaps strip your skin so much and handmade doesn't that it took a couple weeks for the natural oils in our faces to re-adjust so to say. It all evened out within a couple weeks and now all is good. Maybe something similar has happened with your skin.

So the meaning is my skins adapt with new treatment, it ia just couple weeks or

So the meaning is my skins adapt with new treatment, it is just couple weeks or longer?

Latest posts

Back