Pictures of soap after SB incident/accident

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the new white soap I was working on the day of my mishap with the SB LOL. Saved from being pink or ‘blood red’😂 I made the brown soap yesterday with espresso, used coffee grounds, cocoa, cocoa butter and goat milk. I tried the ripple cutter but my straight lines are bad . Let me also give a hint if anyone cuts their finger and wants to continue making soap but not get their soap or finger contaminated. Short gloves with veterinary birthing gloves over them work great for keeping water out when you’re washing the utensils! They go up to your elbow!!!

Attachments

• 26455100-CA46-4E19-99A1-B8F96849ABCD.jpeg
    26455100-CA46-4E19-99A1-B8F96849ABCD.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 44
Ooh, lovely soaps.

I'm guessing you're either a vet / vet nurse or farmer - or related to one? I don't suppose most folks have easy access to birthing gloves! 😳

This is the new white soap I was working on the day of my mishap with the SB LOL. Saved from being pink or ‘blood red’😂 I made the brown soap yesterday with espresso, used coffee grounds, cocoa, cocoa butter and goat milk. I tried the ripple cutter but my straight lines are bad . Let me also give a hint if anyone cuts their finger and wants to continue making soap but not get their soap or finger contaminated. Short gloves with veterinary birthing gloves over them work great for keeping water out when you’re washing the utensils! They go up to your elbow!!!
Those look delicious!

Ooh, lovely soaps.

I'm guessing you're either a vet / vet nurse or farmer - or related to one? I don't suppose most folks have easy access to birthing gloves! 😳
I’m a people nurse but have goats and buy the gloves at a local feed store. I have nine pregnant goats. Gloves are super cheap!!!

I'm glad you survived. You gotta stop working your fingers to the bone for your family!
The soaps are really beautiful. They are simple and elegant, but as we all know, soap isn't "simple." I like both of them, can't pick a favorite!
😂 good one! That means a lot! I read your comments all the time. You’re funny! And I like your soaps! And I like Mrs Zing too !

@Basil i think we all like Mrs Zing since she encourages Mr @Zing to make soap and hang out with us here in SMF.
Aww, this warms my heart! "Zing" was a high-school nickname and dropped from use long before Mrs. Zing came along. I had to laugh this weekend because I noticed my wife's new username on a website was "ZingsGal"! :)
I see a number of supportive spouses here making molds, making "documentaries" of the soaping process, etc.

Back