Pics of !st batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DH thinks I'm nuts trying to get swirls. In his words " In the dark can't see the swirls any way" :lol: My next try will be swirls in the round pvc pipe.

Sonja

Martin said:
In his words " In the dark can't see the swirls any way" :lol:
Oh those men!!! ... Wait a second, I am a man! :D

Martin said:
My next try will be swirls in the round pvc pipe.
Funny you mention that, just today I was wondering about swirled round soap bars in my pipe mold. You could do the obvious with ITP swirls, but I had visions of perhaps just simply alternating colors during the pour and then giving it some jabs and twists with a straightened coat hanger, for an ITM swirl. Or perhaps combine both techniques.

What do you think? :)

ok, I get it now! Thanks for all the explanations!

Really beautiful, Sonja!! I'm rethinking log molds, now... did you say you put the colored soap in a squeeze bottle, like for catsup? & then squeezed down one direction, and then back in another direction? A couple times? And then you pulled a chopstick or something thru it in the same direction? Sorry... I'm a visual person, so I'm trying to see it in my head :oops:

You got it! With my first batch I hand stirred. It stayed thin after about four hours. Asked for info on here and every one being great said I needed a stick blender next time. So I poured about 1/3 cup in squeeze bottle with some coco powder. Went from one end to the other, then took a chop stick and went from one end to the other. I think the thinner the batch the better the swirls. HTH

Sonja

Sonja, you are good proof why women should rule the world! I didn't think of that until I read it somewhere.

I'm single. I'm just looking for a suitable representative of the enemy to surrender to. I give up!!! ;)

Martin said:
Greg, you crack me up :lol:

Sonja
I like you Sonja. I'd be more than happy to surrender to your authority, but I understand that you already have interned one male POW, and I'm hoping to find a less crowded prison camp in which to serve my time. ;)

I admit that women are the stronger sex. Please take me to your leader. ;)

It looks really great! The angel does make it look like it's about 3 feet long & laying on a beach towel :lol: . I was thinking *Wow, that was an ambitious 1st batch, all 8 pounds of it...*

Martin said:
You got it! With my first batch I hand stirred. It stayed thin after about four hours. Asked for info on here and every one being great said I needed a stick blender next time. So I poured about 1/3 cup in squeeze bottle with some coco powder. Went from one end to the other, then took a chop stick and went from one end to the other. I think the thinner the batch the better the swirls. HTH

Sonja

cool beans 8) I will give this a try! Thanks for your help :D

I just used OO and CO since it was my first batch I kept it simple.

Sonja

Latest posts

Back