Pics of Pomace vs EOO Zany's No Slime recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravenscents

Reaction score
I have been experimenting with Zany's No Slime Castile and wanted to share my photos.

The soap on the right is Sams Club EOO, on the left Pomace. I did not run through a soap calculator to compensate for the difference in oils.

After 3 days the pomace was a little tacky, the EOO, very hard. I waited 3 days to cut, which was too long for the EOO. I gelled the loaf and did not gel the oval bars.

I am very pleased with color of the pomace. I'll try and post more photos to this tread as they cure.

Attachments

• soap a.jpg
    soap a.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 31
  • soap b.jpg
    soap b.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 37
Very nice! Are they 100% OO?

I just made my first batch of ZNSC today (OO, CO, castor, sortibol and FO). I am wondering what color they will end up, too.

Will be interested to hear back on yours to get a benchmark for how quickly they become nice to use.

@ravenscents have you tried yours yet? I just lather-tested mine at nine days after pouring. The soap is still a little soft, but the lather is wonderful! No slime at all. I used the recipe listed in the previous post, and added GM as well. My skin feels very soft after washing, and not dry at all. This may be the first OO soap that I actually like! I'd post a video but I always get a message that it is too large.

I have been experimenting with Zany's No Slime Castile and wanted to share my photos.

The soap on the right is Sams Club EOO, on the left Pomace. I did not run through a soap calculator to compensate for the difference in oils.

After 3 days the pomace was a little tacky, the EOO, very hard. I waited 3 days to cut, which was too long for the EOO. I gelled the loaf and did not gel the oval bars.

I am very pleased with color of the pomace. I'll try and post more photos to this tread as they cure.
Love the all white bar's & your continued curing updates.

Back