Pick my fragrance, please!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGM

Reaction score
I've got two batches of M&P embeds: one patchouli and one neroli. I'd like to make a CP soap to put them in, in a bar mould. Only one fragrance will go in each bar, but I'd like to make one CP recipe with a fragrance that complements both patchouli and neroli separately. What should I use??
I likely won't have time for this until the weekend, so don't worry about chiming in late. And, I won't be using up all the embeds, so I can always use late input for V2.
Also, any recommendations for a CP recipe that might work best with M&P embeds (I'm thinking I need to soap cool) and ideally, is pretty creamy/white would be great. I now have lard, as well as all the usual oils (not rcie bran. didn't even know that was a thing until SMF)

adTHANKSvance

Thanks, orange sounds great! Also, it's one of the few EOs I can afford to use enough of! And I have it. Winner winner, Chicken dinner! (so far) :)

You can do 100% lard. I would do 45% lard, 20% coconut, 5% Castor and the rest olive, rice bran or sunflower. I’ve never done 100% lard. So can’t speak to that.

Orange works well with both. Vanilla too if you are ok with discoloration. Lard, coconut, olive, sunflower or almond and castor makes a pretty white bar.
mmm that sounds so yummy! dibbles for the win!!
same with the recipe. the walmart tallow shortning is very inexpensive and makes a lovely white bar as well.
50% lard
30% olive
20% coconut
5% castor

or here is my "Praise the Lard" recipe, its my husbands absolute favorite. its also a slow mover so you can do some lovely swirls
2% superfat
2:1 water:lye
75% lard
20% CO
5% castor

or here is my "Praise the Lard" recipe, its my husbands absolute favorite. its also a slow mover so you can do some lovely swirls
2% superfat
2:1 water:lye
75% lard
20% CO
5% castor

Thank you! I've got a pound of lard, so I think I'll go with that. And I do like the idea of swirls, but I've convinced myself to just go with white, with these bright M&P embeds. Now, can I soap cool enough to keep the lard and CO liquid? I've read that 11oF isn't too hot, but it's perhaps wise to go cooler? And it sounds like it's best to put it in the fridge, to avoid gel?
Gosh, what with having all the ingredients and a recipe from zanzalawi and dibbles having decided on my fragrance, I could maybe even do this tonight?? Will just have to deke out the family....maybe pretend I'm making muffins or something...

Your going to have to Soap a bit warmer without any liquid oils but should be able to do some swirls. Just be prepared. I’ve not made lard and coconut soap alone.

Well, it's been a few days and I haven't yet made the soap. The embeds have been cooling their heels in my fridge since then (meant to cool them down, then just to lazy to move them) and I have to say the two scents smell awfully good together! May need to rethink this. Also, wonder what aromatic role everything else in the fridge plays ....

Latest posts

Back