photos of first soap batch!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubato456

Reaction score
here is a shot of my first batch of cp soap. my cutting isnt' great....but i got 12 bars! they have a light film of white powder on one side but i did the tongue test and it doesn't burn at all so i don't think its excess lye. i didn't put any wax paper on the surface of the freshly poured soap, so i think if i do that it might help with the white powder. these are a basic vegan bar w/ frankincense and myrrh fragrance. I'm curing them in some unused pizza boxes.....

this was really fun....i can't wait to do my next batch and for these to cure so i can use them!

Wahoo! Looks great! It just keeps getting better too!!!

The white is some ash. Covering should help with that.

Congratulations on your first batch! They look really good. You're addicted now! :wink:

Congrats on your first batch , and many more to come ..Well done , some people embrace the ash on soaps , some avoid it like the plague.Spraying your newly molded soap with a few very fine sprays of rubbing alcohol works very to avoid ash , I don't even cover the mold.(It was a milk and honey batch).
HTH

Kitn

Back