pH?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for pseudo-science, I NEVER say anything I can't back up with documentation from academia, or the peer review, scientific literature. And, as
for trying to impress anyone, I have a masters in biology, a Ph.D. in neurosciences, 15 years of medical research including NASA (Johnson Space Center) during the Gemini & early Apollo programs. M.D.Anderson Cancer Institute (Dept. of Anesthesia and Experimental Surgery), research positions at the Baylor college of medicine, the Texas Research Institute for Metal Sciences, and Texas Institute for Rehabilitation and Research,
among others.. I certainly don't need to try and impress a college dropout! My accomplishments speak for themselves, and are appreciated by those who recognize their there value.
Sorry, organic chem 101 was over your head. I answered your questions as simply as possible. As for passive-aggressive, let me say, you may be a
great soapmaker, but your responses show only a marginal understanding of the details, as well as, a great deal of jealousy, insecurity, and the need
for self-validation. And, yes, I have the credentials to make those assessments. I hope that wasn't too passive for you.

I you want to continue to embarrass yourself, please feel free. However, I may not be able to get back to you right away.

Much success with you soap.
I agree with @Rsapienza. Not only is this rude and unnecessary, it is mean spirited. Comments like this do not invite conversation or encourage anyone to help you.

As for your idea of using a vacuum sealer over a soap mold, I don't think that will work too well. Mine pulls liquid along with air. Sounds like a big potential for a mess to me. FWIW, I don't have a college degree either. But I have made a lot of soap and can tell you that my soaps poured into individual cavity molds and small slab molds that do not gel will always get thick ash. Every time.

I agree with @Rsapienza. Not only is this rude and unnecessary, it is mean spirited. Comments like this do not invite conversation or encourage anyone to help you.

As for your idea of using a vacuum sealer over a soap mold, I don't think that will work too well. Mine pulls liquid along with air. Sounds like a big potential for a mess to me. FWIW, I don't have a college degree either. But I have made a lot of soap and can tell you that my soaps poured into individual cavity molds and small slab molds that do not gel will always get thick ash. Every time.
Thanks for your input. I looks like I have my work cut out for me,

Thanks for your input. I looks like I have my work cut out for me,
BTW, have you read all of DeeAnna's unfounded, unnecessary, and insulting responses, (to the sound scientific data I provided her) that provoked this response?

BTW, have you read all of Dee Anna's rude, unfounded, unnecessary, and insulting responses, to the sound scientific information that I provided her, some at her request. Her unfounded insults to my intentions, and integrity are what provoked this response.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, have you read all of Dee Anna's rude, unfounded, unnecessary, and insulting responses, to the sound scientific information that I provided her, some at her request. Her unfounded insults to my intentions, and integrity are what provoked this response.
I did not find anything in DeeAnna's response that would count as insulting, in contrast to some of your comments. There are some of us here with PhD's but we also know that (1) a degree doesn't help one to become a better soapmaker one bit; (2) being a good scientist/teacher also means that one can talk about the subject in a way that everyone can understand it. Using more jargon doesn't equal to better science, especially when one is talking to a general audience (as this forum is).

Anyway, since there seem to be no response to your question here that you would accept, you should just experiment and see what does and does not cause ash.

Yes I have read the responses. Just to be fair, I went back and read them again, and I don't see her responses as rude and insulting. Reflecting frustration, yes, but not insulting. And all that aside, the comments in your post that I responded to were aimed at Arimara and not DeeAnna, which makes that post uncalled for and unacceptable.

In your long list of credentials, you mention working on the Gemini and Apollo missions at NASA. This would put you at an age where you should know better.

-
I did not find anything in DeeAnna's response that would count as insulting, in contrast to some of your comments. There are some of us here with PhD's but we also know that (1) a degree doesn't help one to become a better soapmaker one bit; (2) being a good scientist/teacher also means that one can talk about the subject in a way that everyone can understand it. Using more jargon doesn't equal to better science, especially when one is talking to a general audience (as this forum is).

Anyway, since there seem to be no response to your question here that you would accept, you should just experiment and see what does and does not cause ash.
If you don't find her insults to my personal, and professional integrity offensive, then we have a different standard of acceptable behavior. I'm sorry that you find simple, basic, straight forward scientific facts, to be "jargon." If you needed more clarification, all you had to do is ask. Since she felt the need to correct my information (which was correct) she demonstrated an unwillingness to learn, by repeatedly passing it off as "jargon," and "pseudo-science." But, even more offensive, was her choice to demean my validity (and integrity), by suggesting that I had ulterior, self serving, motives. Sorry, but this is the behavior of an insecure, closed minded person.
I assure you, the details, vocabulary, and language of organic chemistry, are NOT "jargon." but are necessary for a complete understanding of the subject. I also do not get my strokes from the adulation of others, but rather from successfully resolving the challenges I set for myself.

Thanks for your input, and my best to you, in your soap making endeavors.

Yes I have read the responses. Just to be fair, I went back and read them again, and I don't see her responses as rude and insulting. Reflecting frustration, yes, but not insulting. And all that aside, the comments in your post that I responded to were aimed at Arimara and not DeeAnna, which makes that post uncalled for and unacceptable.

In your long list of credentials, you mention working on the Gemini and Apollo missions at NASA. This would put you at an age where you should know better.
I must certainly do apologize for posting on the wrong site. We had a lightning storm here that played havoc with my computer, flipping my screen endlessly. Sorry, that you think her need to ignore solid science, by calling it pseudo-science and "jargon'" and demeaning my validity and integrity, by suggesting that the well intentioned information that I provided, was motivated, solely, for self-serving purposes, are appropriate behaviors. I guess we have different standards.

Again, my apologies, and my best to you, in your soap making pursuits.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm ignoring this pompous hot air balloon. I care less about academic achievements as they are not a good measure of character, which has been clearly shown here in this thread. Thank you but please ignore the cyberbully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back