Pet peeves

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copper

Reaction score
Text messaging

Jared the subway guy

Strangers who stand in my personal space in public places

People who ask questions during movies

Internet acronyms like "lol" and "rofl"

Personalized license plates

Companies that rip off the "got milk" slogan and use it for their own advertising. . . "Got ________?" First of all, i'm sick enough of milk using it. It's been what, like 15 years? Try something new. So it really pisses me off when other companies use it. Can't you come up with you're own ideas? It's not funny or clever.

The 2000 spam emails about male enlargement i get in my inbox everyday.

"Old lady" smelling perfume that some people seem to bathe in - especially when you are still gagging on it after they have left the room. I guess this can apply to all perfume and cologne warn in excess, not just the old lady scents.

When the drive-thru attendant forgets to give me a straw and i don't realize it until i'm back to work. I guess that brings up another pet peeve of mine - drinking fast food drinks without a straw.

I hate those little ear piece phones. When people use them in public i either think they are talking to me or talking to themselves until i realize they are on the phone.

I hate it when people cough or sneeze and don't cover their mouth or even turn their head. Also, it drives me NUTS when someone has a runny nose and instead of blowing it they just sniffle constantly.

Adam Sandler
The skinny jeans teens are wearing these days
Reality TV
Pen stealers

I must confess I'm a pen thief but no pen chewer.

I loathe nextel and that bleeping bleeping. I don't want to hear your conversation?

I hate people who you are around daily (like co-workers) who have the exact same annoying ringtone (like say the x-files theme song) for seriously years. The workplace is a good place to put your phone on VIBRATE!!

I got to a point where i was hearing the ring tone in my dreams. Aaaah!

It drives me nuts when someone is cold and instead of turning the thermostat up a couple degrees to a comfortable temperature they turn it up to 85. It's not going to make it heat up any faster and chancer are you'll forget to turn it down until the temperature actually nears the 85 degrees you set it to. Then in a frantic move you'll turn the heat down to 55 because you're "so hot you're going to die!". You'll wake up in a frigid panic in the middle of the night wondering why you have no feeling in your feet and turn the heat back up to 85. Wouldn't it just make more sense to set the temperature at 70 degrees in the first place? Grrrrrr.

jellyfish said:
It drives me nuts when someone is cold and instead of turning the thermostat up a couple degrees to a comfortable temperature they turn it up to 85. It's not going to make it heat up any faster and chancer are you'll forget to turn it down until the temperature actually nears the 85 degrees you set it to. Then in a frantic move you'll turn the heat down to 55 because you're "so hot you're going to die!". You'll wake up in a frigid panic in the middle of the night wondering why you have no feeling in your feet and turn the heat back up to 85. Wouldn't it just make more sense to set the temperature at 70 degrees in the first place? Grrrrrr.

Oh i hate that too!

Scab pickers, nose pickers and pimple pickers. At least do it in the bathroom so I don't have to watch!

Women with extremely long fingernails
Men with long fingernails
Long toenails

Ew.

People who talk about bodily functions. I really don't want to know that you had diahrea or that you are constipated, i promise.

I hate hate HATE those automated telephone systems that require you to actually say the options. I swear they never recognize the option I'm trying to say and i always get stuck in some stupid loop of "I'm sorry, i didn't understand you. Please say your option again." By the time i actually talk to a real person I'm ready to have a temper tantrum.

Mindy said:
I hate hate HATE those automated telephone systems that require you to actually say the options. I swear they never recognize the option I'm trying to say and i always get stuck in some stupid loop of "I'm sorry, i didn't understand you. Please say your option again." By the time i actually talk to a real person I'm ready to have a temper tantrum.

Ditto

My husband always takes a mug of coffee with him to work with him, but he ALWAYS leaves it in the car. Then the next morning he'll take another mug with him. Eventually we have none left in the cupboards and I'm left with nothing to put my tea in. I had him bring them in the other day and he had over 15 of them in his car. Drives me CRAZY!!!

People who speak really loudly in enclosed spaces (buses , subways.) I have to deafen myself with music to not hear most NY'ers conversations.

Michele in NY

Latest posts

Back