Permanent Mold Liner - Mylar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have decorative silicone fondant mats in my liner repertoire (the ones with the raised, fancy designs on them). I think they are also known by the name of 'impression mats'. Anyway, they are awesome! I cut them to size just like I do with my mylar and dab Vaseline on the back of them to adhere them to my mold (also just like I do with my mylar).

IrishLass :)

So these dont leak around the edges? I've been wanting to try those as well but haven't yet because of the leak concern.

So these dont leak around the edges? I've been wanting to try those as well but haven't yet because of the leak concern.

It all depends how precise you are when you cut them out to fit your mold. Also- the viscosity of your trace can also figure in. For what it's worth, mine don't leak at all. I was pretty anal about making my cuts so precise that weren't any gaps, though, and I've never been in the habit of pouring at thin trace. I've always like pouring at medium trace at the least.

I would think the chopping mats would work very well. I have them in the kitchen and they go through the dishwasher on high heat with no problem. I think I will look for some more to use as a lining for my PVC pipe mold. I bought the ones I have at a $1 store so will have to look for more.

It all depends how precise you are when you cut them out to fit your mold. Also- the viscosity of your trace can also figure in. For what it's worth, mine don't leak at all. I was pretty anal about making my cuts so precise that weren't any gaps, though, and I've never been in the habit of pouring at thin trace. I've always like pouring at medium trace at the least.

Awesome! I also dont pour at thin trace and prefer medium or a bit thicker as well..I'll give it a whirl and see what happens :) TY

Latest posts

Back