Perfect little tall skinny loaf mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got this little loaf mold on etsy. Advertised as holding 14.4 oz oil but I used 15 oz and it fit, barely.
Its perfect for testing new recipes or fragrance and the soap popped out nicely. A little bowing on the sides, need to figure out a better support then canned veggies.
The shop I got mine from is sold out but if you search mini tall skinny soap mold, others will show up, runs around $15

I got tired of folding freezer paper and I'm not loving the size of my bars anymore, added a comparison pic. Uncolored is from the new mold.

Attachments

• 20211109_144349.jpg
    20211109_144349.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20211109_144315.jpg
    20211109_144315.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 35
I got this little loaf mold on etsy. Advertised as holding 14.4 oz oil but I used 15 oz and it fit, barely.
Its perfect for testing new recipes or fragrance and the soap popped out nicely. A little bowing on the sides, need to figure out a better support then canned veggies.
The shop I got mine from is sold out but if you search mini tall skinny soap mold, others will show up, runs around $15

I got tired of folding freezer paper and I'm not loving the size of my bars anymore, added a comparison pic. Uncolored is from the new mold.
I LOVE that. I need it. 😂😂. Thanks for posting this.

Edited to add- bricks are my go-to mold supports!

I like using that mold, and if you want larger bars, you can cut some of them lengthwise. I get five bars out of it that way. One small one and four that are close to regular size. Sort of like this

Attachments

• F00D9AE2-8D08-418D-A2FF-332C02D30A56.jpeg
    F00D9AE2-8D08-418D-A2FF-332C02D30A56.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 34
I like using that mold, and if you want larger bars, you can cut some of them lengthwise. I get five bars out of it that way. One small one and four that are close to regular size. Sort of like this

I'm impressed with those lime embeds. They look absolutely perfect, down to the clear fruit part.

I had my handy hubby make me some frames for my 10" BB Loaf Molds as they have been well used and were starting to bow out on the sides. He cut them a bit on the tall side through, which I discovered the first time I used them and my soap was literally rocking when I took the soap out as the bottom bowed. He hasn't gotten around to trimming them so I just the molds in the frame on some old soap bars with a wash cloth and they are fine.

I love my 4" Square Molds for doing test batches...I get 4-5oz bars. I also have a 6" Slab Mold that I got to test some techniques, but have used yet.

Latest posts

Back