Percentage of Oils in Cp soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muqi Kilam

Reaction score
Kindly guide me is the percentage of oils in my recipe for Activated Charcoal soap is good or not ?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    22.2 KB · Views: 22
My opinion is that argan oil is wasted in soap, it's too expensive to use in a wash off product, and at 2% you won't likely see a difference with it. I would plug

Some will say that CO is too high, but it looks like this might be for oily skin, so the higher CO may be nice.

Since the coconut oil caught my eye, ask yourself this- Do I have dry skin? If you have dry skin of any level, I would suggest bumping the coconut oil down to 20% and adding the 10% to the shea butter. I would strongly suggest bumping this whole recipe down to 454g at the least since it seems you're testing it.

Kindly guide me is the percentage of oils in my recipe for Activated Charcoal soap is good or not ?

When choosing your oils and butters, the first thing you need to consider is that soap is a wash on/rinse off product...it may only be on the skin for one to two minutes at best. Argan Oil, at approximately $10.00/ounce is best used for hair conditioners, facial masks and lotions. Take that 2% and apply it to your Shea Butter. I would also make sure you are using a High Oleic Sunflower Oil...it's supposed to be better.

Second, when you are testing a new recipe, scent or colorant...keep it down to 16oz/454g. If the soap doesn't turn out, it's a $5.00 loss instead of $15.00.

Third, if you are making this soap to sell to the public, what are the laws regarding making a soap with medical claims? While our laws in the United States are fairly lax when it comes to True Soap, when making any claims that the soap with moisturize your skin (cosmetic) or help clear up acne (medical) , the laws become stricter.

Latest posts

Back