Peppermint Bark Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am thinking about doing peppermint bark soap for xmas guest soaps. What is a good mica/oxide for the chocolate color? And do they have to have the chocolate layer at all? I have seen/eaten them both ways. Which way is more authentic?

I will admit that I got the idea from BB, but I would be doing cp soap instead of mp soaps cause I am more experienced with cp and these will be for selling. I have ideas for the soaps, just not the chocolate part.

Nurturesoap.com mocha brown is a nice milk chocolate brown. It's funky and morphs right after soaping but cures true here is a pic for reference.

Attachments

• 20210906_104052.jpg
    20210906_104052.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 9
I’ve been wanting to make it, but my idea requires a lit of work and a week if I want it to resemble the candy. I would first have to make up some soap with red and white layers, slice it in 1/4’ strips and then chop to resemble smashed candy canes. I would then spread it out and let it dry for a few days. Then make a brown layer, then a white layer, then before the white layer sets, sprinkle on the chopped soap. And the sprinkle on some Snowflake Mica.

Latest posts

Back