Pecan Pie FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyLady

Reaction score
Republic of Texas Email: [email protected]
CAVEAT:

Please don't tell me to look at the FO Review site. As noted on another thread, they are snotty about their enrollment requirements. I do NOT have a paid ISP available in my rural area, and the Mod there won't even return emails. I want to know what Soapers on this Forum have used and like. ;-)

I have been commissioned to create a pecan oil soap for a local nut company. I am looking for a TRUE Pecan Pie or Praline FO. It should NOT have any notes of coconut, almonds, cherries or anything besides PECANS, butter, a touch of vanilla and sugar. Coconut, almonds and cherries are not used in real pecan pies. Although I have seen chopped pecans added to coconut cream pie . . .

(Those of you without a generations old Baptist heritage may appreciate a note of Bourbon. My Great Grandmother was a Preacher's Wife. She collected pecans from the yard to make her pies. Every year at Thanksgiving, the Preacher would bring home a small bottle of Bourbon that a neighbor purchased for him. She used 1 Tablespoon between 2 pies, and the Preacher promptly poured the remaining down the sink! The rest of the year, she just used vanilla. Playing cards were not allowed in the house, either. I enjoy the touch of Bourbon, and add it to my pies. Pies eaten while playing Gin Rummy for pennies. Oh, the depravity! :crazy:)

In Georgia, they are often called "Pea Cans". In Texas -- from whence they originate -- they are called "Puh-cahns". A pea can is a tin cylinder holding tiny spherical green vegetables. :lol:

THANKS for the help!!
PS-- of course I use honey in my pies! Almost the same amount of honey as Bourbon.

~HoneyLady~

Rustic escentuals has a Southern Pecan Pie FO. Both reviews I have read said it smelled great, but one used it in lotion and the other did not say what product it was used in. It's body safe, but that's all I know.

Hi Honeylady!

Look no further......get thyself to Rustic Escentuals and purchase Southern Pecan Pie! It is an awesome true scent and skin safe ! I make candles and gel pie candles with this scent! Rave reviews from EVERYONE that buys the candles and pies....they say it smells like the real thing. :) Need to add this....for an awesome Caramelized Pralines (skin safe) scent head to Indiana Candle Supply. Looking for outstanding bakery AND coffee scents stay right there @ Indiana Candle Supply....awesome....awesome scents!!! :)

Last edited:
Back