Peanutbutter in CP soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dagmar -

That's really cool how your link worked. After clicking on it and looking through some of the sites, I think I'd like to try and make a peanut butter soap. :lol:

peace-love-&-Suds -

Thanks for asking the question. I've got some chocolate FO that I think might work for a pb batch.

If you're selling it though you would have to have it very clearly labelled. I have a grandson with life threating nut allergies and we have to read the labels on every food item or product that goes near him. He has even had reactions to face paint and hair products so I personally would not use any peanut butter or nut oils for this reason.
Di

Other than scent I wonder what the peanut butter really does for skin care. I couldn't find a whole lot on the qualities that it imparts on the soap. I would be super nervous to sell something like that. (Even with it clearly labeled) My niece has a deathly allergy to peanuts. What if the label got torn off and somehow a nut allergy person got a hold of it. (I know that's a stretch but still...)

Opalgirl I agree. Having experience with life threatening nut allergies I would not even make soap with any nut product, not even to give away.

I had heard that peanut oil was mild and conditioning. You could just make peanut soap for yourself, not to sell, and see how you like it. But I would use pure peanut butter without additives.

yummm I gotta try this. wonder how long the scent stays!

I made my first batch about a week ago and it turned out great! It had a really nasty smell at first and I thought I had ruined it or something. But after a few days it settled into a wonderful peanut butter smell. It makes me want to take a bite out of it! haha Next time I think I'll use some cocoa powder and drizzle the top to make it look like a peanut butter and chocolate pastry. mmmm

Hazel said:
Dagmar -

That's really cool how your link worked. After clicking on it and looking through some of the sites, I think I'd like to try and make a peanut butter soap. :lol:

peace-love-&-Suds -

Thanks for asking the question. I've got some chocolate FO that I think might work for a pb batch.

I might make some too Hazel, lets see who does it first :) .

It will probably be you. :lol:

I plan on getting up early and making bubble bath. Then packaging it, fizzies, incense, etc. Then I promised my sister I'd help her wrap gifts...in front of a TV...watching the NCIS marathon. :wink:

You'll be busy, I won't get up too early as its xmas day, I still haven't wrapped up DH's stuff yet.

More importantly I managed to get my FO that was out of stock this morning at the soap supplier so I can experiment with my swap over xmas. :)

Also will have to check to see if we have any peanut butter. I could go to Maccas and pick up some sample ones they have for toast :) .lol

I have made two batches of the peanut butter soap and I LOVE it. The soap itself has an amazing feel to it.... very silky and smooth. The second batch I used regular peanut butter and Nutella. Neither batches had much of a peanut butter scent left to them. I like them for the feel of them.

Thats a shame about the scent, I was hoping the smell would remain, I'll still make some and see what happens.

I did a GM with peanut butter and peanut oil. Fantastic soap. No scent came through. I used a buttercream pie fragrance which unfortunately had vanilla in it so my soap is brown instead of tan. Oh well. Still a great soap.

Back