Peanut butter and jelly

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
I just poured this peanut butter and jelly today and I did the ITPS and almost got it right this time lol! I didn't pour it from chest high and it didn't go all the way to the bottom. However it should still look like peanut butter and jelly on white bread. I hope!

Attachments

• 20200322_103700_compress38.jpg
    20200322_103700_compress38.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 43
It looks just like peanut butter and jelly. Pretty swirl Todd.
Thanks but it is only pretty on top for now. I meant for it to have some of the natural soap color through out the soap but right now I can only see what's on top. I was thinking about the product called "gobber or goobers" that had the peanut butter and jelly already mixed together.

Thanks but it is only pretty on top for now. I meant for it to have some of the natural soap color through out the soap but right now I can only see what's on top. I was thinking about the product called "gobber or goobers" that had the peanut butter and jelly already mixed together.

Looking forward to seeing the cut!

Here are the 2 batches I did yesterday. Still not getting the swirls completely right, no matter which method I use. Didn't get enough jelly on the peanut butter. Oh well, I still like them.

The last picture of "pink night" is from my second mold that I was pouring into. Like I said, just can't get the swirling technique right but I will, eventually lol.

Attachments

• 20200323_101528_compress96.jpg
    20200323_101528_compress96.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200323_101448_compress7.jpg
    20200323_101448_compress7.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200323_101251_compress32.jpg
    20200323_101251_compress32.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200323_102509_compress40.jpg
    20200323_102509_compress40.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
They both look really great Todd. Let me tell you when I started I was not a member of any forums and coloring was the hardest technique I had to learn. In fact, I thought I would Never get a pretty bar of soap, and I still do not get as pretty as many here. Patience, you are certainly getting there, and much faster than I did. :D

They both look really great Todd. Let me tell you when I started I was not a member of any forums and coloring was the hardest technique I had to learn. In fact, I thought I would Never get a pretty bar of soap, and I still do not get as pretty as many here. Patience, you are certainly getting there, and much faster than I did. :D
Thanks for the compliment and encouragement. I watched a video of the soap queen doing a ITPS and when it came to me doing it, I forgot a step. So tomorrow I am going to try again but I am going to write it all down so I don't forget lol.

One of the problems that I keep running intovi, is my FO accelerating trace. When I go to pour my colors in, they don't flow all the way through the batter. So I have to push them down and that creates a little bit of a problem.

I have these visions in my head of how the soap should look but it doesn't seem to translate well into reality lol.

I only try the swirls because customers like it. Otherwise I would only be doing single color or layered color soap.

I couldn't find any grape jelly FO, so I used grape soda and it smells great. I have found when it comes to FO's and customers, what I name the soap, is what they generally smell. My moms cleaning lady smelled after I told her that it was peanut butter and jelly and she said she could smell the peanut butter but I didn't add anything other than the grape soda FO lol!

Thanks for the compliment and encouragement. I watched a video of the soap queen doing a ITPS and when it came to me doing it, I forgot a step. So tomorrow I am going to try again but I am going to write it all down so I don't forget lol.

One of the problems that I keep running intovi, is my FO accelerating trace. When I go to pour my colors in, they don't flow all the way through the batter. So I have to push them down and that creates a little bit of a problem.

I have these visions in my head of how the soap should look but it doesn't seem to translate well into reality lol.

I only try the swirls because customers like it. Otherwise I would only be doing single color or layered color soap.

I couldn't find any grape jelly FO, so I used grape soda and it smells great. I have found when it comes to FO's and customers, what I name the soap, is what they generally smell. My moms cleaning lady smelled after I told her that it was peanut butter and jelly and she said she could smell the peanut butter but I didn't add anything other than the grape soda FO lol![/QUOTE

Keep watching videos then watch them again and again. It’s how I am learning the different swirling techniques. The consistency of the batter is so important in achieving different swirls. It’s really hard especially if you want to add fragrance cause they don’t always behave. Practice makes perfect and I’ve been having fun practicing. I think they look great. The peanut butter color is perfect.

Are you typing your message in after the last QUOTE in brackets? Like this:

View attachment 44695

I think what happened was I had started a reply and then had to leave my computer abruptly and when I came back a couple hours later, I finished my reply. I’m not sure why it posted like that. I’ve never had a problem before.

@Todd Ziegler are you still swirling in your molds or in your soaping bowl?
With a in the pot swirl, most of the swirling happens when you pour the swirled soap out of the bowl into the molds.

Thanks. I have been watching some videos and reading a lot. My problem with these swirls was my FO accelerating the trace. I have developed a couple of ideas for overcoming FO acceleration and I will try them if my next batch accelerates after adding the FO.
I love that PB&J soap, the coloring looks great.
Thanks for the compliment.
Love the PB & J!! Look at you go!
Thanks I appreciate it.

Back