PeakCandle Oxides for CP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter

Reaction score
Quick question for you all: Can PeakCandle oxides be used in Cold Process soap making?
I am a newbie at this and am placing my order to BrambleBerry soon. I have around 7 different oxides from Peaks that I have been using for M&P but hope I can also use in CP to save a little money where I can.

Has anyone tried using them or know of how they react?

Here is a link to an Oxide that doesn't say anything about CP use. Then Here is a link to a Mica that says a little description of CP use.

Thanks in advance!~

Hunter, you can probably contact Peak Candle and ask them. Last time I was in Denver I stopped by and picked up my order, they are really nice people.

I saw this statement on the Oxides: Recommended medium for dispersion is glycerin, fragrance oil, or an ingredient oil in the soaps you're making.

I don't make M&P but don't think you add extra oils do you? The oxides I have are from TKB and that is how I mix them, with some of the oil from my recipe.

I have a couple of the oxides and a few micas from Peak. I just mix them with a little bit of my distilled water or olive oil from the batch. So far I haven't had any problems using them in CP.

I have a couple of the oxides and a few micas from Peak. I just mix them with a little bit of my distilled water or olive oil from the batch. So far I haven't had any problems using them in CP.
Thank you! So glad I don't have to repay for colors! :clap::clap:

Back