Peak

Discussion in 'Shopping Recommendations' started by shunt2011, Sep 16, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Sep 16, 2019 #1

shunt2011

shunt2011

shunt2011

Staff Member Admin

Just got an email that they are going out of business again. 20% off right now. So glad I stopped using them the first time they went out.

2. Sep 16, 2019 #2

jcandleattic

jcandleattic

jcandleattic

HAHAHAHAHA
    I mean, I'm sorry for those that still use them, but at this point this is just comical...

3. Sep 16, 2019 #3

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

I was afraid that was happening. Need to get a couple lbs of white tea and ginger. His rose was wonderful but it never came back in stock.

4. Sep 17, 2019 #4

shunt2011

shunt2011

shunt2011

Staff Member Admin

They were out when I went to look for that one.

5. Sep 17, 2019 #5

IrishLass

IrishLass

IrishLass

Staff Member Admin

That's too bad, as they had some really great keeper FOs that soaped great and were great stickers in my soap @.75 oz ppo, such as Wild Mtn Honey, Twilight Woods, BRV, Bartlet Pear, etc...

It's to their own shame, though, with the huge mess they made of things a few years ago when they went out of business the first time and sold off all their remaining inventory as well as the FO codes to Keystone Candle Co. . Then, when they suspiciously decided to go back into business again very shortly thereafter, but in another state, and with supposedly the same FOs, not many folks knew if they could trust them anymore after all the shady dealings they pulled on Keystone in regards to the FO codes.....i.e., Keystone stated it very clearly in a public announcement on their FB page (and also confirmed it via a personal phone conversation with a member of another soaping/candle forum) that they had definitely indeed purchased from Peak all of the Peak FO codes in the deal when Peak when out of business. But when Peak re-opened in another state, they seemed to refute that and it soon became a 'He said/she said' thing.

No matter....if you click on the link I gave to Keystone, you'll see they are still selling Peak FOs (it takes you directly to their stock of Peaks FOs). They have become a part of their normal inventory. I personally have not tried any of them to compare as I still have original Peak stock on hand, but I will definitely be trying them out when I begin to run low.

IrishLass :)

6. Sep 17, 2019 #6

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

@IL, do you happen to know if Black Cherry Fizz holds in soap if you have tried it.
    I hate to see any company go out of business.

7. Sep 18, 2019 #7

IrishLass

IrishLass

IrishLass

Staff Member Admin

Hi Carolyn....I've never tried Black Cherry Fizz.

IrishLass :)

8. Sep 23, 2019 #8

math ace

math ace

math ace

A couple of months ago, I emailed Peak a couple of times about their inventory and never received a response. I figured if they were too busy to answer my emails, then I probably didn't need to order from them. It is a shame, because I received several recommendations for their scents! Maybe, I'll check out the keystone candle company instead. I did notice that Fragrance Buddy was carrying several dupes of Peak's scents.

I should post this on the "post your gripe" thread... BUT ... I won't be ordering from Keystone Candle Company either! I just clicked on over 12 different scents and found no IFRA information posted. Seriously, if you market soap makers, if you go to the point of posting that the fragrance is "skin safe" and then don't post the MRU information, then what's the point?

Personally, it drives me crazy having to go to a company's web site to track down the MRU! I think it should be required that they print the MRU on the fragrance label. I know for a fact that Bramble Berry, Fragrance Buddy, Rustic Escentuals and Virginia Candle Supply DO NOT print the MRU on their fragrance bottles. That is ridiculous! Lonestar Candle supply prints the MRU on the label, but the print is SOOOOO small that I need a magnifying glass to read it. That is just SILLY!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2019
  9. Sep 23, 2019 #9

lenarenee

lenarenee

lenarenee

Supporting Member

Surely Keystone will provide it if requested...? A pain, yes. But in case you're determined to try them....

10. Sep 23, 2019 #10

math ace

math ace

math ace

It goes beyond it being a pain simply because I can't use the product until I have the MRU! The last company I had to write to and request the info took 4 weeks, 2 emails, and a phone call before they finally provided me with the MRU.

I will no longer order fragrances from a company that doesn't at least publish the MRU on their web site. I don't see why they can't all publish that information on each individual bottle. To me, it is like buying a food product and having to go to the company's website to get the cooking instructions... Just lame!

Mobjack Bay likes this.