Peak

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's too bad, as they had some really great keeper FOs that soaped great and were great stickers in my soap @.75 oz ppo, such as Wild Mtn Honey, Twilight Woods, BRV, Bartlet Pear, etc...

It's to their own shame, though, with the huge mess they made of things a few years ago when they went out of business the first time and sold off all their remaining inventory as well as the FO codes to Keystone Candle Co. . Then, when they suspiciously decided to go back into business again very shortly thereafter, but in another state, and with supposedly the same FOs, not many folks knew if they could trust them anymore after all the shady dealings they pulled on Keystone in regards to the FO codes.....i.e., Keystone stated it very clearly in a public announcement on their FB page (and also confirmed it via a personal phone conversation with a member of another soaping/candle forum) that they had definitely indeed purchased from Peak all of the Peak FO codes in the deal when Peak when out of business. But when Peak re-opened in another state, they seemed to refute that and it soon became a 'He said/she said' thing.

No matter....if you click on the link I gave to Keystone, you'll see they are still selling Peak FOs (it takes you directly to their stock of Peaks FOs). They have become a part of their normal inventory. I personally have not tried any of them to compare as I still have original Peak stock on hand, but I will definitely be trying them out when I begin to run low.

IrishLass :)

A couple of months ago, I emailed Peak a couple of times about their inventory and never received a response. I figured if they were too busy to answer my emails, then I probably didn't need to order from them. It is a shame, because I received several recommendations for their scents! Maybe, I'll check out the keystone candle company instead. I did notice that Fragrance Buddy was carrying several dupes of Peak's scents.

I should post this on the "post your gripe" thread... BUT ... I won't be ordering from Keystone Candle Company either! I just clicked on over 12 different scents and found no IFRA information posted. Seriously, if you market soap makers, if you go to the point of posting that the fragrance is "skin safe" and then don't post the MRU information, then what's the point?

Personally, it drives me crazy having to go to a company's web site to track down the MRU! I think it should be required that they print the MRU on the fragrance label. I know for a fact that Bramble Berry, Fragrance Buddy, Rustic Escentuals and Virginia Candle Supply DO NOT print the MRU on their fragrance bottles. That is ridiculous! Lonestar Candle supply prints the MRU on the label, but the print is SOOOOO small that I need a magnifying glass to read it. That is just SILLY!

Last edited by a moderator:
It goes beyond it being a pain simply because I can't use the product until I have the MRU! The last company I had to write to and request the info took 4 weeks, 2 emails, and a phone call before they finally provided me with the MRU.

I will no longer order fragrances from a company that doesn't at least publish the MRU on their web site. I don't see why they can't all publish that information on each individual bottle. To me, it is like buying a food product and having to go to the company's website to get the cooking instructions... Just lame!

Has any one tried the Peak fragrances from Keystone to see how they compared to the previous Peak's fragrances?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not used the Peak fragrances from Keystone, however, they bought all of Peak's codes/formulations during one of their other going out of business gigs. So, they should be the same. I'm going to order a couple in the near future that I need to re-stock. I bought quite a bit the first time they went out so I had enough to get through for quite some time. Their Black Raspberry Vanilla, Pink Sugar, Cranberry Citrus were a few of my favorites.

. . . So, they should be the same. I'm going to order a couple in the near future . . . Their Black Raspberry Vanilla, Pink Sugar, Cranberry Citrus were a few of my favorites.

Please, update us once you have tried some from keystone. The cranberry citrus sounds like a wonderful blend.

Somebody recommended a few peak fragrances to me for use in CP. I tried to get some specific information from them before they went out of business, but they didn't return my emails, so I never got a chance to try them....

Please, update us once you have tried some from keystone. The cranberry citrus sounds like a wonderful blend.

Somebody recommended a few peak fragrances to me for use in CP. I tried to get some specific information from them before they went out of business, but they didn't return my emails, so I never got a chance to try them....

They were always difficult to get information from. They had a wonderful Cranberry Marmalade that was a bit spicy but I could never get a safe usage from them. That was years ago though.

Back