Peak - Raspberry truffle

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennyannlowe

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with peak fragrance oil raspberry truffle?

I went to the fragrance oil review spreadsheet and there is an entry for this scent, but in the discoloration column it has a number instead of any other information that might be helpful.

And I went to the peak website but it did not have any sort of information as far as discoloration or accelerating trace.

Can anyone shed any light? Does this have vanilla?

Yes it will most likely discolor. I just checked Peak and this is the description for coloring. Brown or layers of brown and burgundy/red. Per a review it will go a deep caramel color. It is usually wise to read reviews and check what the site recommends for coloring. Burgundy's will usually look nice in a dark soap. I know one person stated no acceleration or discoloration but that one I would truly not trust.

You might want to join The Soap Scent Review board: http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/. You'll need a paid email address in order to join... not gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. There are a ton of reviews there.

When I'm about to order, I check our spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...7sNswuh-yaTdRf1M/edit?authkey=CMTEtswL#gid=13) and the review board. They give much better information than supplier websites.

FOs are really the biggest variable in soaping. It's exasperating to find really good ones but so gratifying when you do. :)

I LOVE this FO, and it does discolor to dark brown. But it's very pretty with a nice red mica swirl (I use Conservatorie Ruby Red mica)!!
Otherwise it soaps like a dream and the scent retention is wonderful!
ETA - I'm the one who put numbers in the discoloration column - sorry for that :(

Last edited:
I have used it as well and got a caramel color. I did half red and used their raspberry FO and did a half and half bar that came out nice.

Back