PayPal Dispute - I'm stunned! Is This Normal??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I have only had one incident where I had problems with a PayPal paid product, my experience was satisfactory.

But I agree that I have very good results when I contact my credit card company for disputes such as this. Even when I use my ATM card for online purchases, my bank has always reversed the charges immediately.

A lot of people have issues with PayPal because they don't go through the correct steps or procedure. You must go to the resolution center in addition to talking to someone on the phone. For me, it has been the most efficient and speedy process yet, beside calling and speaking to an agent. Emails... not so much, resolution center... YES!

For anyone who's interested for future reference: What is the Resolution Center?

From that page you can do the following:

The Resolution Center is a part of your PayPal account where you can:
  • Report a problem if a product or service wasn’t delivered, or wasn’t as described.
  • Report unauthorized transactions.
  • Report a billing issue such as duplicate charges or a wrong amount charged.
  • Communicate with a buyer/seller to try to solve a dispute.
  • Escalate a dispute to a PayPal claim if you want us to investigate it and decide the outcome.
  • Check the status of a claim or respond to us.
  • Resolve an account limitation.
The Resolution Center is only accessible on a web browser, not the PayPal app.

I've not used Paypal for years. I have the account but took off my CC and bank account info so that if it is hacked then nothing is lost.
Paypal also made me jump through a bunch of hoops over something that was never sent. Burnt ONCE was all it took for me. I only kept it as I was going to do CC sales for people for soap but then they started to up the rates. I just stayed with Square.
I decided that if I wanted to get crappy things and have them show up super late then I will just order from Amazooly
🤣

I have had this problem as well. PP received info from the wrong vendor and closed my complaint, twice. 5 needle threaders are not the same as an expanding shelf! I like just using the one CC for internet purchases now.

I kind of had the same situation happen. I bought two 8 foot dragon skeletons for a really good price, too good to be honest. When I got the package it was 2 - 6inch skeleton dragons that took 8 weeks to get here. Thankfully I had screen shots of what I ordered and I filed a dispute with PayPal. I did get a refund but it took a bit of back and forth and a few escalations to get my money back. I won't order off of facebook anymore.

Latest posts

Back