Paul's Wal-Mart Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.....back on subject here..........

Paul, I finally TRIED your Wal-Mart recipe. I mean I made it 4 weeks ago, used the shortening with the animal fats, some brown oxide and Patchouli and Sensual Sandalwood FOs......and it smells pretty darn good....

It ashed something awful though so last night I tried (tip from the forum here) to wash it off instead of trying to scrape it off.......and ooooohhhh soooo shiney!!! Now it LOOKS awesome too! It has abundant lather and very very creamy......I LOVE IT!

Think I'll make another batch today! :wink:
Thank you Paul for that wonderful recipe where I can get all my ingredients right up the road...(don't tell my daughter though, she HATES wal-mart!)

I have the recipe printed out for when I get my goodies to make a batch of cp soap. I wish I could do it right now!

Hey jadiebus...is your daughter pro union? Is that why she hates Wal-Mart? My hubby says I am not allowed to shop there because they don't have a union. I tell him to shush, they have great prices!

She's pro "anything she's been influenced against". She's 12....very impressionable. Wants to save the world from global warming, but can't remember to turn her bedroom light off or recycle her paper........

We watched that documentary video "The High Cost of Low Prices" all negative stuff about Wal-Mart. I wasn't allowed to shop there for a long while..... :roll: We now shop there but try to get what we need elsewhere if we can, Wal-Mart being the last resort.

Still the only grocery store I can find the coconut oil.

It's hard NOT to shop there when the prices are so high for everything these day, know what I mean? I just checked out places locally for me to buy gas that comes from the USA and not the middle east, it cost like 20Cents more a gallon and I'd have to travel over 10 miles to get it......

dilemas, dilemas.....

Oh, I did make another batch last night of Wal-Mart Soap- Pistachio Icecream....I think my swirls even turned out sorta like swirls.... :lol:

Thanks! :wink: It really is a pretty darn good recipe and makes a good bar of soap with good all around numbers. Like you said I liked the fact that almost every item can be purchased at a Wal-Mart Super Center or supermarket. Great recipe for someone starting out or on a limited budget and needing to buy locally to save shipping costs. 8)

Paul :wink:

jadibugs1 wrote

Oh, I did make another batch last night of Wal-Mart Soap- Pistachio Icecream....I think my swirls even turned out sorta like swirls....

Now you know we like pictures......Please share.

OK Toyota: (or Neil, lol!)

Pistachio Ice Cream:
cp-PistachioIceCream.jpg

Now I see the swirls only stayed on top (even though I put in 1/2 the batter, swirled, then the other half and swirled again, oh well)

I have NO IDEA where that brown came from, I even tried a little TD in the lye water before mixing it with the oils...apparently it didn't work though I'm thinking it will lighten up some??? But the brown works I think, makes it more Pistachio Nutty Looking....works for me anyway. It smells VERY yummy!

I want to try the same recipe with a Strawberry Champagne now, but that won't look so great if it turns brown..........hmmmmm.

Question: I know Vanilla will discolor M&P, same rule for CP???? Maybe that's where the brown came from?

Anywho, whatcha think?

Nice soap, same rule for cp it will turn brown on ya. I try to stay away from vanillas, but I love them sooo much lol. BCN has a Vanilla Stabilizer now for cp and it's suppose to work really well with vanilla type fo's haven't tried it yet though I need to.

By the way has anyone tried this recipe with the walmart vegetable shortening?

Thank you.... :oops: I can't wait to USE it!

Do you suppose the brown did come from the vanilla in the FO then?

I just made a batch of Sandalwood Vanilla (same recipe) and used more TD (which I added to the water BEFORE the lye this time, think that's gonna help) and even put some gold mica in it and white "swirls". I lightly poured the two small "cups" back into the batch and just turned it a couple of times then poured, instead of trying to swirl in the mold. Hopefully it'll work better. It LOOKS better in the mold anyway!

I'm starting another batch right now made just like the above, but reds and pinks and Strawberry Champagne FO....I'm hoping there is no vanilla in it....don't want brown :cry:

This has been a soap makin fun weekend! (made the lard soap too!)

Sharon;

Thanks for sharing. I think your soap came out super! I love the color and
the swirl is great.

check your suppliers website, to see in the description of the fragrance oil if it contains vanilla. most will say if the fragrance oils discolors. or there is the fragrance review board.

i have used the vanilla stabilizer from bitter creek ( made specifially for lye soaps ) and it kept my pink sugar from solas from turning brown. it smells rather yucky in the bottle but i can't detect in it in the finished cured bar. i do think it gave the bar a different texture, sorta spongy feeling. you mix it in equal amounts to your fragrance oil so in my case i just added an extra 4 oz. of liquid to my soap and it just might take 8 weeks for it to feel the same as my regular bars at 6.

hello I am a newbie making soap

Can someone help me break this recipe of Pauls Walmart Soap down in a simplier form.
I have no luck useing the soap calculator.
And I am terriable with percentages.
How many ounces of each product?
Lye ect....
Thank You so Much.
Debora
How many pounds do you think it will make?

Re: hello I am a newbie making soap

Debora said:
Can someone help me break this recipe of Pauls Walmart Soap down in a simplier form.
I have no luck useing the soap calculator.
And I am terriable with percentages.
How many ounces of each product?
Lye ect....
Thank You so Much.
Debora
How many pounds do you think it will make?

Sure, how many ounces do you want to make, your mold hold? Give me that, and I'll break it down. :wink:

Paul

Hello Paul,
The soap mold I just purchased are as follows.
Each of these, No Liner Soap Molds will make a full 5 POUNDS CP or 6 POUNDS MP. for a total of Inside dimensions are 3 5/8" wide x 18" long and 2 1/4" deep.
I also got molds for 3-4 pound loaves.
I want to shoot for 5-6 pounds.
Thank You so very much for your help.
I cant hardly wait to get started.
Debora

I need help with this recipe

Paul,
I think I may have hit the link to stop watching this post in my email.
I am interested in knowing the measurements for a 6 pond batch.
Thank You,
Debora

pauls walmart recipe Help Help Please

I have tried using the soap calcular from two different places and I still havent got the hang of it.
Could someone please give me the measurements for Paul Walmart recipe in ounces and how much lye and water. I will use 7 ounce of florals.
I want to make a 6 pound batch.
I am in desperate need of help to get one main soap recipe to start as a good base point and everyone here seems to like this recipe.
Thank You Debora :?

I don't know if I did it right since it was my first time using the calc. but from what I did I got these numbers in OUNCES:

Water-27.7
Lye- 13.65
Coconut Oil [76 deq, solid]- 28.8 [I didn't know which one to pick]
Crisco- 24
Olive oil- 22.08
Canola- 9.6
Safflower- 6.72
Castor oil- 4.8

Does this sound right?
I put 7oz of fragrance and 6lbs of total oil weight and 33% lye concentration...

Back