Patience!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noreen Moore

Reaction score
Is a virtue I don't own. But we are doing it! This is my diversion to let the oils cool! We are at 140 and I am so anxious to add the lye!!!! EEK!!! Not yet!!!! 110 is the goal!!!! Going to try an in pot swirl and use my Milky Way style molds I got for Xmas!!!!
Happy soapy Sunday all! Send me your vibes of patience! LOL!

:thumbs: Oh happy days! Them vibes of patience helped! Mixed patchouli, sweet orange, and jasmine! Mmmmmmmmmm! Pink with gold shimmer swirl! Now if only gracefulness was an adjective I could use to describe my skills but... Oil be everywhere! I ate more lye!:eek: Again...:( And well... You all can imagine my mess! :D
I sure love this! Hopefully I can post pic's when I un-mold!

Is a virtue I don't own. But we are doing it! This is my diversion to let the oils cool! We are at 140 and I am so anxious to add the lye!!!! EEK!!! Not yet!!!! 110 is the goal!!!! Going to try an in pot swirl and use my Milky Way style molds I got for Xmas!!!!
Happy soapy Sunday all! Send me your vibes of patience! LOL!

Uh...an ice bath will cool down your oils. Take a large bowl, put a couple of trays of ice, about four cups of cold water and a tab of salt and set your bowl on oils in it. Stir for a few minutes.

You only need to heat your hard oils/butters until then just start to melt and then you can use residual heat to finish melting them. Temps should drop when you add your soft oils.

You don't have to heat the solid oils/fats until they are all melted. I suggest heating until the solid fats/oils are about 2/3 melted, take off the heat and stir until the rest is melted. Add the liquid oils and that will cool down the oil/fat portion considerably.

I'm such a newb!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Huh... cold water bath... Like I do for some chocolates etc... Brilliant! So much to learn and conquer! Especially how not to end up eating lye!
Bull.in.china.shop. Sigh...

Re-reading these tips! You all are such experts! I love it! I have been heating up all my oils together. Huh... Makes a lot of sense to heat the solids only! I have the next 2 days off! I am going to try a new recipe and use my re-purposed Pringle's cans and some creamer containers. My Milky Way style molds are all full. Popped 1 soap bar out. TOO SOFT! There's that test of patience again! Lot's of "therapeutic" values to this craft! Can't wait for my BB order to come in. I only used sample size Mica's from Wally World and I can see it wasn't enough. Got some nice bright colors. Can't get over how I just went head over heals into this!
Oh I was pretty surprised that the Sweet Orange EO is actually overpowering even the Patchouli EO! Smells so nice! :)

Latest posts

Back