Patchouli Essential Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leslie Mermaid

Reaction score
I havent made soap with Patchouli forever. Where is a good place to buy Patchouli Essential Oil that smells good and isnt too terribly expensive?

I get mine from Fragrance Laboratory and have for several years now. Their price is great and the Patch is excellent. Unfortunately, it looks like their site is down for maintenance.

I recently got some from WSP that I didn't hate, and am actually starting to like. That is high praise from me when it comes to patch, since I am generally not a fan thereof.

When that soap was first unmolded, it was all patch, all the time. It's still a bit strong for my tastes as it is curing out, but at least the lavender and sweet orange are starting to come through a bit, and the patch itself isn't nasty like some I've encountered.

Since everyone experiences smells differently, YMMV. :)

I recently got some from WSP that I didn't hate, and am actually starting to like. That is high praise from me when it comes to patch, since I am generally not a fan thereof.

When that soap was first unmolded, it was all patch, all the time. It's still a bit strong for my tastes as it is curing out, but at least the lavender and sweet orange are starting to come through a bit, and the patch itself isn't nasty like some I've encountered.

Since everyone experiences smells differently, YMMV. :)
what is WSP?

I just messaged Cindy. Hopefully, she is not going out of business. Sadly there have been some severe health issues involving her mom starting with her mom and stepdad disappearing during the holidays. They were found but the last posting in late Jan was her mom was back in the hospital.

I always buy my Patchouli from Cindy and glad I have 3 lbs.

Cindy will let me know if she gets her store up and running again. It is due to her mom being ill. She could sure use everyone's prayers.

Last edited:
I just messaged Cindy. Hopefully, she is not going out of business. Sadly there have been some severe health issues involving her mom starting with her mom and stepdad disappearing during the holidays. They were found but the last posting in late Jan was her mom was back in the hospital.

I always buy my Patchouli from Cindy and glad I have 3 lbs.

Cindy will let me know if she gets her store up and running again. It is due to her mom being ill. She could sure use everyone's prayers.

I have no idea who Cindy is, but I hope all is well and I will add her to my prayers.

Back