Patchouli Essential Oil Soap...........

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much for your help. I had a 1oz bottle of Patchouli from a health food store and just finished a batch of CP with it. Does it have a natural discoloration to it? I put some of the titanium dioxide in the soap then swirled in some green mica. This is only the 2nd batch of soap I have made. The mold feels warm so I hope it is doing "it's thing". :)

I can't wait to see how it will turn out. I am very new to this but I can say "it's gonna be addicting" . :)

Have a great day.

craftgirl08

patchouli is one of my most popular scents in soap. while i don't care for it myself alot of people do, it reminds me of a dark musty basement.

i also offer a sandalwood patch and this one i can handle.

as far as the discoloration it depends on the type of patch. the older it is the better it is and the darker it will get.

yep it's a little pricey right now. i had like 3 lbs of it stashed away so i should be good for awhile i am hoarding it and being picky about using it in blends.

solas has a patchouli fragrance oil that is reasonable and while not as strong as the real thing i have used it in a couple of blends with some fruity fragrances and it wasn't too bad.

Back