Patchouli blends - what are your favorites?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered patchouli and orange from Nuture Soap. I am not a patchouli fan, but when doing farmers markets I get at lease one request a day for patchouli so I thought I would give it a try.

Just ordered patchouli and orange from Nuture Soap. I am not a patchouli fan, but when doing farmers markets I get at lease one request a day for patchouli so I thought I would give it a try.
Yup, same here. I worked with a woman who wore patchouli every day as if it were her signature scent. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. To each his/her own. But…gads. It was a bit much. Suppose I need to recalibrate my senses regarding patchouli.

I’ve had a handful of people ask me about patchouli fragrances and I’ve resisted. I did make a DB soap a few weeks ago that generated a lot of attention, but I want something different to offer.

I’ll be interested to see for myself how patchouli develops in a soap.

Last edited:
Yup, same here. I worked with a woman who wore patchouli every day as if it were her signature scent. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. To each his/her own. But…gads. It was a bit much. Suppose I need to recalibrate my senses regarding patchouli.

I’ve had a handful of people ask me about patchouli fragrances and I’ve resisted. I did make a DB soap a few weeks ago that generated a lot of attention, but I want something different to offer.

I’ll be interested to see for myself how patchouli develops in a soap.
What I have noticed is when a patchouli lover comes up to my booth they will ask do you have patchouli soap? When I say no they just walk away. Not even interested in any other scent.

I mix Patchouli (WSP) with Sun Kissed Cocoa (Nurture) and it is, IMO, divine; I also mix it with Lavender (WSP) for a spa smell that is very popular and also a favorite of mine.

I was going to suggest Patchouli' Orange' Vanilla. then I read your looking for FO mix.
@AliOop mention above of @cmzaha Dragon blood her special blend sounds fantastic ❤🙌🏼

Now i'm wondering If @cmzaha gifted me her special blend of Dragon Blood w/ my order? 💫😉👍🏼. Hmm
If I sent you any DB it would have been my own DB.

Sorry, Sara no more group buys. It has gone out of sight in price and order quantity to have it made and my source will no longer split the order with me. We would have to purchase way too much, so what I have left is all there is.

I like patchouli mixed with Lavender, and also with Lemongrass. Patch is also a good anchor for many EO's.

I have tried the following patchouli fragrances in CP soap:

Woodstock '69 - Cierra Candle
Patchouli Blend - Rustic Escentuals
Raspberry Patchouli - RE
Dragons Blood - Candle Science
Patch, Spearmint & Lime - EO Blend

The best FOs that customers like are Woodstock '69 from Cierra Candle and Dragon's Blood from Candle Science.

Nurture soap has Orange Patchouli, Earth Meets Sky, and Anarchy that are good. I especially like the Orange Patchouli.

All of those are good--2 are Lush dupes, and they are spot on. One of my favorite patchouli fragrances is Lush's Karma, and many of the vendors have dupes of that. Nurture's is called Kismet, and it's very good, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to stick in my soap. Fragrance Buddy has a Karma dupe called Life Lessons, which is also really good AND it sticks better.

Nurture discontinued my very favorite patchouli blend, Paramour (which was a dupe of Lush's Tramp). But Tramp was a blend of oakmoss and patchouli, so that makes a good, earthy blend.

Nurture discontinued my very favorite patchouli blend, Paramour (which was a dupe of Lush's Tramp). But Tramp was a blend of oakmoss and patchouli, so that makes a good, earthy blend.
When Nurture announced they were discontinuing Paramour, I bought a 16 ounce bottle. I am using it sparingly, and not sharing much of anything I make with anyone - with very few exceptions. I'm going to be sad when it's gone for good.

When Nurture announced they were discontinuing Paramour, I bought a 16 ounce bottle. I am using it sparingly, and not sharing much of anything I make with anyone - with very few exceptions. I'm going to be sad when it's gone for good.

I hear you. There's nothing anything like it that I have found. I've been hoarding mine too, and am thankful the fragrance sticks like crazy. The very first bar of cold process soap I made (Aug. 2019) was scented with Paramour, which behaved beautifully, and what soap I have left still has enough fragrance left to make me smile. I've made lotion and lotion bars, and perfume roll-on too. I just love it.

Latest posts

Back