Patchouli blends - what are your favorites?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could make a Dragon's Blood mix. I've only used @cmzaha's custom/special order blend, but I'm sure others here will have recommendations. Here's how Brambleberry describes theirs:

Pick up this scent today and add it to handmade soap and lotion. You'll love the unique blend of amber, incense, Madagascar vanilla, patchouli, rose, jasmine, lilac, blood orange, and grapefruit.

I tried this blend because I read it in Soapqueen's website: Patchouli with rose and orange. I am not that crazy about it, it seems to make the rose scent more of a generic floral, but I normally do not like florals, so depending on your preferences it might be good. My husband thinks it smells like traditional soap (like palmolive rose soap).

You could make a Dragon's Blood mix. I've only used @cmzaha's custom/special order blend, but I'm sure others here will have recommendations. Here's how Brambleberry describes theirs:

Pick up this scent today and add it to handmade soap and lotion. You'll love the unique blend of amber, incense, Madagascar vanilla, patchouli, rose, jasmine, lilac, blood orange, and grapefruit.
I have Dragon's Blood. Blending with an orange FO would be interesting. I'll try that!

I have Dragon's Blood. Blending with an orange FO would be interesting. I'll try that!
I was going to suggest Patchouli' Orange' Vanilla. then I read your looking for FO mix.
@AliOop mention above of @cmzaha Dragon blood her special blend sounds fantastic ❤🙌🏼

Now i'm wondering If @cmzaha gifted me her special blend of Dragon Blood w/ my order? 💫😉👍🏼. Hmm

I love patchouli. Lush Karma is a patch/orange blend. Fragrance Buddy has the best one of those I've tried. It's a favorite of a friend, so I tried a few. Earth Meets Sky from Nurture is another favorite of mine. Neither of those have overwhelming patchouli notes. You already have Patchouli Honey from EBB and Anarchy from Nurture. Those are my top 4 patchouli FOs.

I love patchouli. Lush Karma is a patch/orange blend. Fragrance Buddy has the best one of those I've tried. It's a favorite of a friend, so I tried a few. Earth Meets Sky from Nurture is another favorite of mine. Neither of those have overwhelming patchouli notes. You already have Patchouli Honey from EBB and Anarchy from Nurture. Those are my top 4 patchouli FOs.
I make a 'Karma Chameleon' soap, so that I don't have to pay circa $18 per bar of soap from Lush. I has always been my favourite soap - I blend six EOs to get the scent, but it's mostly patchouli.
I love patchouli, and would happily use it in all my soaps except that some people hate it. Funnily enough though - i hate dragons blood fragrance. Possibly because i don't like vanilla.
In terms of blends for you @The_Phoenix , I can only offer the blends i make myself with my EOs and FOs. Happy to help with that if you want to go down that road.

@cmzaha Dragon’s blood is to die for! She’s got her hands full right now but maybe one of these days, she will do a group buy.
I believe Carolyn said the maker was reluctant to make it anymore and that the price had also gone up with her last order. But, yes, it is spectacular! My favorite.

Latest posts

Back