Patchouli and Anise?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never used it, but sounds lovely! I might steal that one and use it in a soap for my mom;)
Be aware that the use of star anise is restricted, so run your recipe through an eocalc before making soap with this blend.

I'm not a straight-up patchouli lover, but it's wonderful in blends. Might I add patchouli+pine? Don't remember the ratios, but I remember being surprised they worked so well together.

What about patchouli lovers but anise haters :lol:
Are there any though? My theory is that there are a few things that people either love or hate:
patchouli, anise and cilantro are my list so far. And everyone I know falls on the same side with all of these!

I love patchouli and cilantro (well, to eat, not as a fragrance) and hate anise. I also don’t care for amber which I think most people love given the number of FOs that contain it.

I have used this in a Beer soap made this week, and added some vanilla as well.
Although you cannot smell it, the vanilla turned my soap quite dark which was perfect for Guiness beer...
And all you can smell now is Anise and some patchouli.
I like this scent very much, but will not be for everyone.

Attachments

• 26046203-AA6D-4EF4-BB83-CB2669FCCD18.jpeg
    26046203-AA6D-4EF4-BB83-CB2669FCCD18.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 16
Not sure about that. I love patchouli and anise but not cilantro.
Time to get my Venn diagrammer out!
My wife and I both love all 3, but our two boys detest cilanto and anise. They don't yet try to escape the house when they smell patchouli...

I have a Spanish Anise that I really like. In the right amount it adds a sweetness and uniqueness to a blend but if I use too much it is ANISE. I blend with a lavender - orange combination of 8 parts- lav/orange with 1 part Anise. In that amount the anise is very noticeable to me but most people don't say Licorice. So, I would probably first try more patchouli and less anise. I would hate to use expensive patchouli and have it smell like licorice. If it were me I would try patchouli orange and anise.

Zoooom! Straight to thick trace. I ended up using a mix of Patchouli, Anise and Cinnamon. Of the 32 g of Eos it was 4g Anise, 3g Cinnamon and 25g Patchouli. Will see how it smells tomorrow. I'm not the best 'smeller' because I'm kind of immune to scents now after smelling them all day long in my house.

Latest posts

Back