Partial GM HP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skatergirl46

Soaper on wheels
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been spending time doing some of my other hobbies and activities lately and have neglected my soap making. Yesterday my soaping addiction got the better of me and I had to make a batch. Of course I picked the hottest day of the year so far where I live. :rolleyes: ...and of course my plan was HP milk soap. My husband cleared a work space in the garage and added a power strip so I took advantage of that and moved my soaping to the garage. The breeze was nice in there. I added my RT GM to my heated oils this time to see how that would work out. I wanted to keep the soap as light colored as possible without adding any colorants to it. I stick blended it into the oils a bit and then let it sit for a few minutes while I weighed and measured other ingredients. The lye water and the oils were both around 110° when I combined them. Nothing much happened when I did it. I stick blended it together and it looked good. After some cooking it wanted to separate but I just stirred it back together again. I kept the temp. fairly low throughout the cook so the milk wouldn't get smelly and dark. I used some silk, sugar, SL, and BB's Ginger Lime FO. I LOVE GM soap! This batch is about 50% of both water and GM.
Here it is cut but not cleaned up yet.

I showered with the little ball from my crock pot last night. My skin loves the GM soap. I think this is going to be a nice recipe. I used some HO Sunflower Oil in this batch for the first time. I also upped the percentage of Mango Butter. It's very creamy feeling. Now I just have to resist using some before it's ready.

I forgot to say that I also added some silk to the batch. I have a huge bag of it so I just put it in most of my batches now.

Last edited:
It is lovely- and inspiring! Today is our last day of school. Have a medical procedure scheduled for Monday but Tuesday I am chomping at the bit to make soap. I love GM soap, too!

Latest posts

Back