parrifin wax treatment...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rszuba

Reaction score
ok,, i know my questions are quirkey(like me). has anyone come across or used beeswax or soy wax in a parrifin wax treatment bath. ya know the ones i'm talking about, where you put your hands or feet in the wax bath, then they put gloves or footies on ya to soften skin.

my sister is opening a pedicure place and i want to know if we can use these waxes instead of parrifin(since parrifin is petroleum dirived). please excuse my spelling.
thanks
renee

you might be able to use a blend of soy and paraffin - but it's hard to get the texture just right (slightly pliable, stiff enough to remove in chunks) and also with beeswax you need to ensure the melting point is low enough that it doesn't burn people.

ya, that beeswax does have high melt temp, huh. good point. soy would be great, i've read about people useing the candles to condition skin. do ya know if there is different grades/// i.e. candle or cosemetic.. grade a blah,blah blah like eo's.

thanks for your reply,
renee

Latest posts

Back