Paprika!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoeybean

Reaction score
I put 2 tablespoons of paprika in a teabag and put it in 5 ounces of olive oil, I'm not sure how much to add to a pound of soap, the whole 5 oz. or a few tablespoons? can you suggest a starting point, I am looking for a pastel orange... or maybe you can tell me if it gets darker or lighter after adding it or if what you see is what you get while adding it?

Although I have never used a tea bag for my paprika, I am going to assume that it would be about the same proportion as the way I do it.

I would probably use about 3 oz PPO for pale orange, then mix into your melted oils to see what color you get. You may want more, but I doubt you will want less. Then add the remainder of the olive oil the recipe calls for. Remember that with infused oils, the colored oil is calculated as part of the total amount of oils, not considered superfatting.

Annato infused the same way gives a lovely orange shade in about the same proportion. Different than paprika, but nice.

I've had great results of paprika at trace for a richer color. This soap was colored with paprika, and the color lasts really well.

Untitled-1.gif

Untitled-2.gif

Latest posts

Back