Panini's

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax Munky

Reaction score
Sometimes the most simplest ingredients make the most flavorful panini's

If you don't have a panini grill you can still make these,just be VERY careful when turning them so that you don't burn yourself,or lose the fillings.

Preheat a large skillet press down gently and evenly with a spatula.Be careful! :wink:

I'll let you in on a well kept secret when making these.

Grills are important I have the Breville model.Awesome grill,cooks perfectly and evenly and doesn't leave moisture pockets in the sandwiches,as some grills that have seam lines will do..But if you don't have a grill.A skillet will do.

Start with a nice flavorful base of rubbed clove of garlic,and your cheese,and finish it the same way.Most won't tell you those little secrets. But Munky will 8)
Breads are just as important,experiment with several,find one that works for your own unique panini.

Buy the high end Extra Virgin Olive Oil.The lower grades are pretty gross,Greasy tasty..Not what you need in a panini.

Add anything that you want to the panini's.Adding meat to them isn't the law! All veggie one's are just as flavorful.I make them often..whoa good stuff! :)

Sorry for the long post,if I had known the secrets when I first started making these it would have saved me some time :roll:

Ok,on to the fun stuff...

Munky's Panini's

Grilled Chicken, Mozzarella,Panini

4 large boneless chicken breasts
1 cup mozarella cheese ,sliced or shredded
sun dried tomatoes
salt & pepper to taste
Ciabatta rolls,tops cut off

Prepare the chicken,wash in cold water,remove any fat that's on it.
Grill the chicken until it's fully cooked,and the juices run clear.Remove.Set aside on a large platter.Cool covered to room temperature.

When it's cool,slice them in half, or with the grain into smaller more uniformed pieces, set aside again until your ready to use it.

Preheat your Panini grill
Cut the tops off the Ciabatta rolls,evenly as possible,we need a flat top.
Then cut the rolls in half,leave them open.Add a layer sliced mozzarella cheese,add chicken slices evenly over the top.Add as many sundried tomatoes as you want.Salt & pepper to taste,Finish with one slice of mozzarella cheese.Add the ciabatta top.

Place it on the panini grill.close the lid, but not smash that poor thing.Cook until it's a nice golden brown,and the cheese has melted throughout. About 10 to 15 minutes depending how toasted you prefer the ciabatta to be.Cut in half.

Serves 4 or more

Enjoy!

Munky.

Back