Pane Bianco

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
I was perusing the King Arthur Flour website and came across this bread, and since I had all the ingredients, I thought I'd give it a try. It may not have turned out quite as pretty as their example, (the sun dried tomatoes on the outside got charred, even though I tented it with aluminum foil) but it sure tastes good. If there are any of you out there who like to bake bread, you might want to try this one, it's really yummy, and not as complicated as it looks. When I make it again, I'll roll the dough out into a longer snake, to make arranging it in an "S" shape easier. Between the smell of the bread, and the basil and garlic, my house smells heavenly! http://www.kingarthurflour.com/bakealong/

pane bianco.jpg

Please let me know if you make it. We had it with pasta today, and I'll make toast with it tomorrow morning. And yes, although you can't see it in the picture, I used my fresh basil in there, too. There's nothing like homemade bread. :D

That looks mouth-wateringly delicious. And I'm a sucker for charred bits, so that part just makes it extra enticing. I'm sending the recipe to my baker (aka The Husband) with a request that a very similar loaf finds its way into our house soon. Thanks for sharing!

Back