Palmarosa blends

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm about to try palmarosa EO for the first time and can't figure out what to blend it with. I've checked eocalc.com, but I don't have most of the EOs in the blends they suggest. So here are the EOs I do have:

anise

basil

eucalyptus citriodora

fir needle

ho leaf (which I haven't tried yet either)

juniper

lavender

lemongrass

litsea

orange 10x

patchouli

peppermint

rosemary

spearmint

I usually just blend 2 or 3 EOs together, so no blend is too simple! :) Any suggestions?

Also: I've read here that palmarosa accelerates. How fast? Would I have time to pour into individual molds (I'm thinking of flowers) or is there just enough time to dump the batter into a loaf mold?

Palmarosa is fine - it accelerates only the slightest bit and you still have time to pour and do swirls etc (depending on your recipe). I regularly blend it with patchouli and other florals. I think I've used it will Ho Leaf also.

There's a blend on eocalc called topaz that is orange, patchouli and palmarosa. I used it in soap march 2019 and it's still very strong (so a good, lasting blend). I didn't really care for the scent, but others did so you might too.

I later made my own blend with
6% patchouli
26% palmarosa
28% lavandin (lavender will work)
20% litsea
20% peppermint
I absolutely adore this blend. Still have one bar of it that I'm keeping for myself😉

Thanks so much for the feedback!

@KiwiMoose I hadn't thought of pairing palmarosa with another "sweet" EO until reading your suggestion. In the end, I went for palmarosa + orange 10x EO, in equal parts. I like it!

@szaza I'm going to try that blend next time. It sounds great - and I have all those EOs! Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back