Palm Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dharlee

Reaction score
I was reading through the thread on people favorite videos and noticed that the woman who did some for Eve's Garden said she used this palm shortening in her recipe. http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_palm_shortening.htm I wondered if anyone has had any experience with this product and if it works like regular palm oil? I wasn't sure if the sap value is the same as palm oil or if it was a no stir product. That's actually why I was interested- I was trying to find a no stir that was also ethically obtained.

If it is 100% palm shortening it will work and actually turns out exactly the same as palm. I use a 100% palm shortening from Smart & Final and poured test soaps from 100% palm oil and 100% palm shortening. They are identical in feel, color, longevity and no dos. The setting I use is the crisco with palm in soapcalc, since it was close to the sap. If you are in the US Soapers Choice has a homogenized, no stir, palm which I have a feeling is palm shortening.

Thank you! I will check them out. I really wanted to find a no stir and that might be what I need. :)

I use the homogenized palm from Soapers Choice and it's great. Love the ease of not having to melt and stir.

Do you use the regular palm oil setting in the calculator for that? Thanks!

Back