Palm Oil vs. Homogenized Palm oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marghewitt

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Soapers Choice Homogenized Palm oil?

I want to buy larger amounts of Palm but can't figure out how to melt and stir it before each use. I see that they have homogenized no stir Palm but don't know if it will have any affect on my soap.

Any thoughts and or help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been using it for a couple years now with no trouble. It certainly makes life easy not having to melt it. It comes in a bag packed inside two sets of boxes. I just scoop it into a 5 gallon bucket and refill as needed.

I have been having big problems with palm oil. I stopped using it about 15 years ago. I recently bought some but I have to say I don’t like using it. It is ‘pre-mixed’, or whatever the term is, meaning I don’t have to melt it all and mix to use.
But all my batches have had some sort of problems; LOTS of ash, oils that float to the surface of my soaps, just General bad behavior when trying to blend my batch. The batch gets to light & medium trace and looks normal. I wish hadn’t bought such a big amount of it. I think I am just going to have to limit the use in my soaps. Right now I use at 10-20%. Any suggestions?

This is a very old thread you really should start a new one. But to answer your question, I would guess you have something else on and not the palm. I soap with 40% Palm Shortening which is pure palm oil with no problems. It is actually the same that Soapers Choice sells my just says shortening. It will trace fairly quick but I just noticed if I soap at 115º F the trace slows down a bit. I just poured 6 batches today with my 40% palm recipe including shea butter with no problems.

Thanks for your input. I rebatched it and added a little more lye solution, hoping for the best

Back