Palm Oil Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapSap

Reaction score
I have been using Bulk Apothecary for Palm Oil ever since I began Soaping four years ago. I have been very satisfied with this product. However, I always open the palm oil bucket and melt all 7lbs., stir well, and put it in separate small containers for individual batches.

I have followed this procedure to assure all the steric acid is blended evenly. Now however, I have learned that not all Palm oil has to be mixed this way because the steric acid is already completely blended.

I have not able to find any information from the supplier or any where else whether Palm oil from Bulk Apothecary has to be prepared as I have been doing.

I would like to know how others who use Palm Oil from Bulk Apothecary. Do you melt/mix/separate as I have been, or do you just scoop it out as is for your formulas.

Obviously being able to use it as it comes would be much easier when I make soap.

I bought a 50lb cube of no-stir Palm from WSP. Split it with a local soaping friend. Scoops just like lard!

Pretty sure if palm is no stir, it would have that info on the supplier page. You could always email and ask about it.

I agree with Obsidian it should state if it’s no stir. I get mine from Soapers Choice or WSP if they have a good sale. I mostly use lard. It make some palm soaps too.

I purchase Palm Shortening from a restaurant supply and it is no stir. I will confess I never melted down my buckets of palm oil. when I was purchasing regular palm from my oil supplier. I just removed the palm from different areas and depths in the bucket.

Thank you for the input. I emailed supplier as Obsidian suggested and now know hat their 50 pound block is "no stir". All other sizes must be melted and stirred. 50 pounds of Palm oil is a lot for me, however I am seriously considering the possibility. Again, thank yo all for your input.

Latest posts

Back