Palm oil alternatives to this recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and I'm hoping not to use lard or tallow as I have had people tell me they're glad I don't use any animal products in the soap.

Then they can pay for the cost of Babassu Oil...which come from a native Brazilian palm tree.

Other options include increasing your Coconut Oil up to 33%, but you'll need to balance the drying effects by either increasing your SuperFat or adding in moisturizing oils like Avocado or Sweet Almond Oil. You can increase your Shea Butter to 15% and add in Cocoa and/or Mango Butters.

I use RSPO certified Palm Oil and if folks don't like that I am supporting the fact that Palm Oil can be responsibly and sustainably produced or that I have been experimenting with Lard...that is THEIR problem and they can look elsewhere. The simple fact is...you can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of time.

Latest posts

Back