palm kernel oil versus palm oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My PKO Bastile

I make a bar that's exclusive to my beard company using PKO. It's a bastile base with added African Black Soap in suspension.

It's very mild and the lather is incredible. I've been thinking about adding veg glycerin for even more moisturizing properties, but as of now I use:

Shea Butter
Palm Kernal Oil
Castor Oil
Hemp Oil
Olive Oil
African Black Soap
Milled Oats

I live in Gabon and so I can get a great and ethical PO really cheap.... but OO and CO are very expensive. Can you make soap with just PO?

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am about to start making ☺

I live in Gabon and so I can get a great and ethical PO really cheap.... but OO and CO are very expensive. Can you make soap with just PO?

Welcome Jamie. FYI this thread is from 2014, and the member who originally posted hasn’t been here since then. You’ll get more answers to your question if you start a new thread in the Beginner Soapmaking Forum.

Can you make soap with just PO?
If you have PKO (Palm Kernal Oil) available as well as palm oil, just those 2 ingredients make a lovely soap. PKO is a good sub for Coconut oil to add lather and hardness to your batches. Use the default settings on soapcalc and make small 500g/16 oz batches to start with. You can tweak to your heart's content from there. ;) See PDF attached.

Attachments

• PKO & Palm.pdf
    50.4 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back