Palm kernel in salt bars?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I forget, can you use palm kernel in a salt bar? What percentage would be good? I need to make a batch but am low on coconut.

Did you try it? I am curious if other coconut similar oils will work in salt bars. I have 16 oz of babassu that I have not touched and was thinking of using it salt bars.

Did you try it? I am curious if other coconut similar oils will work in salt bars. I have 16 oz of babassu that I have not touched and was thinking of using it salt bars.

I have not tried it yet. Might do a 40% coconut, 40% pko blend in place of my normal 80% coconut.

You can use babassu in salt bars. I was given a 100% babassu salt bar once, it lathered just like coconut.

Thanks @cmzaha thats what I was hoping for. I know I used it before but I don't have the notes and I can't remember if I liked it.

I just poured a 50/50 batche. Seemed to act just like coconut. Used a accelerating FO so not sure what trace time would be like.

Latest posts

Back