Palm Fruit Oil- Organic RSPO IP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapDaddy70

Reaction score
Been doing a lot of research on Palm Oil and it seems that RSPO IP is the best alternative if you are concerned with sustainable practices and knowing that the Palm Oil you are getting has not been mixed with non-sustainable oil. The IP stands for Identity Preserved and shows that it can be traced back to a specific plantation. Jedwards International seems to be selling this at a reasonable price. I am a newbie and have avoided Palm Oil but am interested in trying it out. Does this price seem very low to anybody. Seems like a great deal that can't be passed up. Especially since it is Organic RSPO and IP. Here is the link. Let me know if anyone thinks this price is a mistake or if this seems correct.

https://bulknaturaloils.com/palm-fruit-oil-organic-rspo-ip.html

I three get mine from Soapers Choice. BTW, most long-time soap makers use Soapers Choice. @SoapDaddy70 The cost of shipping will be the deciding factor on who you buy from I suppose.

Not looking for a debate on the use of Palm Oil but have any of you who sell soap find that people really care either way. Seems like if you want a cost effective bar of soap that checks off every characteristics of a good recipe that the easiest way would be to have Palm Oil involved.

Let me see... do I like palm better? or lard? Palm? Lard? or Shea? Eenie meenie miney mo! That's like asking me which one of my kids I like more! 😄 I do like them all, for different reasons. That being said, I agree that most customers neither care nor know the difference... except for the vegans (no animal fats) and the environmentalists that still "just say no" to palm. That leaves shea butter. Hmmm.

Latest posts

Back