Painted stone for daughter's birthday

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello talented people.

I was really inspired and encouraged by KiwiMoose's beautifully painted Mandala stones: see here if you haven't already: https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/been-a-bit-distracted-lately.75322/

To make a short story long, my daughter is turning 8 tomorrow so I wanted to make her something extra special. We watched one of KiwiMoose's video together and were both super excited to get some dotting tools and start painting. We already had acrylic paints so we headed on down to the river and found some neat stones. The dotting tools arrived yesterday, but as a single dad, I had to wait until she fell asleep so I could sneak out into the living room to make something for her.

Anyways, here's what I made. Not very symmetrical, and certainly a few things I'd do differently next time, but I'm pleased with my first effort and of course it's from the heart (pun intended). I know she will be happy and also excited to try out her Mandala painting skills on the rocks that she found.

Sorry for the fuzzy picture

btime.jpg

Last edited:
Hello talented people.

I was really inspired and encouraged by KiwiMoose's beautifully painted Mandala stones: see here if you haven't already: https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/been-a-bit-distracted-lately.75322/

To make a short story long, my daughter is turning 8 tomorrow so I wanted to make her something extra special. We watched one of KiwiMoose's video together and were both super excited to get some dotting tools and start painting. We already had acrylic paints so we headed on down to the river and found some neat stones. The dotting tools arrived yesterday, but as a single dad, I had to wait until she fell asleep so I could sneak out into the living room to make something for her.

Anyways, here's what I made. Not very symmetrical, and certainly a few things I'd do differently next time, but I'm pleased with my first effort and of course it's from the heart (pun intended). I know she will be happy and also excited to try out her Mandala painting skills on the rocks that she found.

Sorry for the fuzzy picture

View attachment 39975
Well done Kurt! She will love it! And methinks you secretly want to paint rocks yourself (or maybe not so secretly?);)

I remember painting rocks with my gramma when I was little. We made lady bugs and sometimes owls.
Over the last couple years, I've gotten some of those rocks back from my mom and gramma.
Those are childhood memories I've always cherished.

Back