Pain soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONSL72

Reaction score
Uncharted area

I am going to try something new, has anyone ever tried a recipe like this,,,,,, beef tallow/coconut oil basic recipe- add: eucalyptus bath salts/tiger balm/arnica oil, i need something for diabetic neuropathy to start my day in a hot shower, I haven't figured out measurements so just asking....

"HELP"

add: eucalyptus bath salts/tiger balm/arnica oil,
Those are all best used as intended rather than in soap, although Tiger Balm might be a good fragrance enhancer if you use enough.
i need something for diabetic neuropathy to start my day in a hot shower,
Think "aromatherapy" -- eucalyptus alone or in a blend would be nice.

Uncharted area

I am going to try something new, has anyone ever tried a recipe like this,,,,,, beef tallow/coconut oil basic recipe- add: eucalyptus bath salts/tiger balm/arnica oil, i need something for diabetic neuropathy to start my day in a hot shower, I haven't figured out measurements so just asking....

"HELP"
Eucalyptus oil, menthol crystals and some of the other ingredients in the oils you already used could be included in soap. Arnica oil is usually an oil infused with arnica flowers, so you could use the pre-made oil (if you know what the infusion oil is) or obtain the herb and infuse it in one of your soaping oils yourself (I'm not sure how much of the benefit would remain in the soap, but I cannot see any harm in trying this).

I would be careful with bath salts - the magnesium in some of those can react in the soap to form soap scum - best to find the core ingredients and use those if you can.

An alternative (or addition) to adding your relief ingredients to your soaps (for your morning hot shower) would be to use a shower steamer.
There is a couple of recipies at the start of this thread for shower steamers The shower steamer monster
This post (from another thread) shows what they look like: Moon Cake Press?

i just want a additional sensation in shower
Peppermint! It's very stimulating in the shower! I use it to scent liquid Hair & Body Shampoo.
Eucalyptus oil, menthol crystals and some of the other ingredients in the oils you already used could be included in soap.
I think I have a blend like this called "Sinus Relief" -- a good whiff of that in the AM would get your heart started!

ETA: SINUS RELIEF EO BLEND
15% Eucalyptus EO
29% Menthol Crystals (follow directions for melting)
56% Camphor (White) EO

Last edited:
Back