Pain reliever massage oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because of this person's chronic pain, this recipe works for them. Other people have suggested that the amounts of EO's are a bit too high for the carrier oils.

First, let me say that I am NOT yet quite proficient in EO's, their properties, nor am I yet proficient in the carrier oils and their properties. However, I have read that certain carrier oils do have different properties, and maybe that is one thing this person might want to look into further to also make their recipe even more effective for them.

Further, what's really important here that everyone might be overlooking is that the poster has chronic pain. Having fibromyalgia and also being a sufferer of chronic pain, one thing I understand is that we have to take just about everything in higher doses to deal with our pain. And I mean everything straight down to ibuprofen--at least for me--especially the longer you have it. It's been a known medical issue for me since 2008, and one I've brushed off since at least 2000.

Her dose works for her as she stated because she has chronic pain, and I believe that is the key ingredient--the higher doses of oils may not be proper for anyone else unless they too also suffer from a higher amount of pain.

Therefore, and again, remember I am no expert in oil, only pain---but I would suggest maybe lowering the oils down for anyone else wanting to try this, especially if other people more versed are raising eyebrows at the doses. It makes sense to me why it works for the poster, but might not be a good idea ver batim for others.

Unless the others are....me. So I appreciate the recipe as it is, but I too, if I tried it, would take it down a bit and work up, just because I'm a noob at the stuff.

I will try lower my EO but I can't take ibuprofen Because I am allergic to them. I use coconut oil sometimes arnica or St. John wort.

If it works for you, stick to it, I say. Other people would go to the grave on what I have to take to barely function every day--and that means not-function-like-every-day-normal people who can work and lead normal lives. That means get out of bed and survive and work part time and somewhat clean.

I had a visitor tell me the other day that my driveway sucked and my yard was overgrown and my house was messy. Yep. Get over it. Or try living with the flu for five years then go mow your yard and regravel your drive and deep clean and see how the world treats you. You learn to disregard what others say about YOU when you live with chronic pain.

If it works for you, stick to it, I say. Other people would go to the grave on what I have to take to barely function every day--and that means not-function-like-every-day-normal people who can work and lead normal lives. That means get out of bed and survive and work part time and somewhat clean.

I had a visitor tell me the other day that my driveway sucked and my yard was overgrown and my house was messy. Yep. Get over it. Or try living with the flu for five years then go mow your yard and regravel your drive and deep clean and see how the world treats you. You learn to disregard what others say about YOU when you live with chronic pain.

Sorry about that, I felt your pain because I have chronic back pain for years off and on. I don't like to take pain killer everyday. So my husband massage my back with my oil every time when pain started and I taking devil's clue tablet too it helps a lot.

Back