Pain in my rainbow pootie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luviesmom

Reaction score
So, did some rainbow embeds. A task I feared. Difficult, due to time and mixing. I really need a helper. Here is the best I created. Will try to use a larger rectangular mold tomorrow with a white background.

Sorry this is for bombs.

2017-01-30 12.47.53.jpg

youtube link

They remind me of body bonbon on YouTube. I bet they'll be absolutely amazing in the tub. Maybe you can use those extruders you got would help? Do one color, tamp it down, add the next?

youtube link

They remind me of body bonbon on YouTube. I bet they'll be absolutely amazing in the tub. Maybe you can use those extruders you got would help? Do one color, tamp it down, add the next?

Yep. I saw that video. She does amazing work! I can not copy. Too rustic/ammatur. I have no idea how she got such clean rainbow lines. What a pro!

And no, the extruders were A major fail for my embeds. I do better for now rolling it out like cookie dough. Cutting by hand or using clay cutters.

And no, the extruders were A major fail for my embeds.

I'm thinking more like a cylindrical mold. You fill the end that you remove it from without trying for the fancy designs. Alternatively you could just get an silicone embed mold (effectively a small diameter cylinder) to attempt to keep everything uniform.

I'm thinking more like a cylindrical mold. You fill the end that you remove it from without trying for the fancy designs. Alternatively you could just get an silicone embed mold (effectively a small diameter cylinder) to attempt to keep everything uniform.

But I saw one YouTuber said that silicone mold is not for the clean edge bath bombs. Though I have only tried it once with silicone mold, and it is a mess. Maybe some bath bomb guru will chime in. ;)

Latest posts

Back