Packers colors

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
Hi All,
Our family is made up mostly of Green Bay Packer fans. I am looking for some green and gold colors so I can make a Packer soap to give the men in my family. I've looked through everything I can find on Brambleberry but I don't know what will make the right shades of green and gold. Can anyone give me some advice? I appreciate the help!
Beth

Thanks Earlene, I ordered the yellow oxide, a lemonade yellow and a green that looks promising. I do have another question. I have a couple colors here, one is an Evergreen Mica, the other is Bright Blue Jean colorant, if I make one batch of soap, divide it in three's, leave one white, color each of the others with the blue jean and the mica, will that be okay? I don't have much experience with colors, I'm just starting to do it, and am wondering if you can use the mica with the blue jean in the same batch? Thanks!

I've used oxides, ultramarines and indigo in the same batch when doing multiple colors, so I believe you are safe.

This soap I made on June 16 has the above. I didn't have any micas at the time or I would have included at least one of those as well.

Egg%20Soap%202016June16%20-%20mixing%20my%20own%20greens%20001.jpg

Since then I have used oxides and micas in the same soap, no problems.

wow, that is beautiful!!!! I love the tie dye look of that soap! I just finished my first attempt at a 3 color wave pour, yesterday I did a two color one just to practice. Today I used a mica and whatever that blue jean one was. And the 3rd color was white.

Today I made my basic lard soap, colored 1/3 with evergreen mica, 1/3 with blue jean colorant (I'm not sure if it's an oxide?) and left 1/3 white. I attempted a wave pour. I insulate my soaps with a cardboard box and several blankets, typically when I put my hand under the blankets a few hours after pouring the soap into the mold it's pretty warm. This soap barely got lukewarm. I finally uncovered it and have it sitting out now, but it has a silky feeling to the top and although the soap is firm, this silky feeling on the top has me concerned. The edges are still a little sticky as well.
I only let it get to a thin trace before I poured it into 3 containers to color and pour it into the mold, so maybe it will take longer to be ready? It's been in the mold for 9 hours. Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I just let it be? Or should I try the oven to get it to gel? Thank you for your help!
Beth

Back