Packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmalin

Reaction score
I need a better solution for my packaging. I am currently using those white cardboard boxes that you fold the ends and it contains the bar of soap. They cost about $0.33 each but that adds up for a batch of 13 of them that ends up costing me 24% of the total cost of the batch, the most expensive single item. Any ideas for a simple packaging solution that is easy and doesnt cost much?

Thanks

I understand the cost concern of those boxes but you also need to factor in the time saved in using them. If you aren't concerned about spending more time wrapping, have you considered using shrink wrap? I think you can also use something like cling film or plastic wrap then heat it with a heat gun to seal. I've never used it for soap so I'm not 100% sure of the procedure but plenty here have so will be able to better advise you. I've used it to wrap things other than soap and it's definitely a learning curve. I can never get it to melt correctly so have plastic ends sticking out here and there. I'm sure I'm just plastic wrap/seal challenged.:eek:

I print my own soap bands, wrap them on the soap then shrink wrap them. Much cheaper than the boxes. You could also make soap bags using one piece of card-stock and a ribbon.
what sort of plastic do you use to shrink wrap with? If I were to print my own wrap and tape labels, what program works well for that?
Thanks

what sort of plastic do you use to shrink wrap with? If I were to print my own wrap and tape labels, what program works well for that?
Thanks
I bought oderless shrink wrap bags on amazon. They were pretty inexpensive. I paid 19.99 for 500 of them which has lasted me quite a while. I used Microsoft publisher to make my wraps and it was pretty easy. I made 4 long rectangles 10 inches long and 2 inches tall. I put my logo, and ounces in the middle and on the left hand side, with sideways text, I listed my ingredients.

I printed the sheet on parchment paper and cut them out.

Heres an example
set - Copy.jpg

Another source for shrink wrap is from Amy Warden. It's a smell through type, which is why I like it. Here is a link: https://www.greatcakessoapworks.com/categories/smell-through-shrink-wrap-240

Another option for printing labels if you don't want to purchase MS Publisher is Avery online. It was recommended to me by another soaper here at SMF a couple of years ago and I've been using it ever since (I wish I could find a link to that original post, but it is alluding me). I use the 8217 template and get 5 bands for my soap per printer page. I can import image files for a logo, choose different fonts and so forth to get the result I want. And saving the files is easy, too, so I have backup copies of my labels on my computer.

ve
I bought oderless shrink wrap bags on amazon. They were pretty inexpensive. I paid 19.99 for 500 of them which has lasted me quite a while. I used Microsoft publisher to make my wraps and it was pretty easy. I made 4 long rectangles 10 inches long and 2 inches tall. I put my logo, and ounces in the middle and on the left hand side, with sideways text, I listed my ingredients.

I printed the sheet on parchment paper and cut them out.

Heres an example
View attachment 39621

very nice. I managed to get some labels using powerpoint and wrapped a batch of soap today. It looks much better and the soap presents well that way. Done with the expensive boxes... Thanks..

Latest posts

Back